PDA

View Full Version : lemon blueberry pound cake april 98

karen
06-16-2000, 11:29 PM
HELP! I have lost my April 98 issue that has this recipe in it.

karen
06-17-2000, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by karen:
HELP! I have lost my April 98 issue that has this recipe in it.

Beth
06-17-2000, 01:05 AM
Just had this out. Hope to take my 2 boys to go pick blueberries in the morning. Yum!

* Exported from MasterCook *

Blueberry Pound Cake

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 16 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Cake Desserts
July/Aug '98

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup light butter
1/2 (8-ounce) package 1/3 less-fat cream cheese -- softened
3 large eggs
1 large egg white
3 cups all-purpose flour -- divided
2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 (8-ounce) carton lemon low-fat yogurt
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Cooking spray
1/2 cup powdered sugar
4 teaspoons lemon juice

Preheat oven to 350.

Beat first 3 ingredients at medium speed of a mixer until well-blended (about 5 minutes). Add eggs and egg white, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine 2 tablespoons flour and blueberries in a small bowl, and toss well. Combine remaining flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add flour mixture to sugar mixture alternately with yogurt, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Fold in blueberry mixture and vanilla; pour cake batter into a 10-inch tube pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350 for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.

Cool cake in pan 10 minutes; remove from pan. Combine powdered sugar and lemon juice in a small bowl; drizzle over warm cake. Cut with a serrated knife.

Serving Size: 1 slice

Source:
"Cooking Light, July/August 98, p.135"
Copyright:
" Cooking Light"
T(Baking Time):
"1:10"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per serving: 275 Calories (kcal); 5g Total Fat; (17% calories from fat); 5g Protein; 52g Carbohydrate; 40mg Cholesterol; 280mg Sodium
Food Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 Fat; 2 Other Carbohydrates

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 3931 4049 3218 0 0 175 0 0 0 4051 0 0 0 0

Mary Ann
06-17-2000, 02:36 PM
Here it is------

* Exported from MasterCook *

Lemon-Blueberry Pound Cake

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 16 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : April '98 Cake
Desserts

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
Cooking spray
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 (18.25-ounce) package light yellow cake mix
1/3 cup lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (8-ounce) block fat-free cream cheese -- softened
3 large egg whites
1 large egg
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries -- thawed
1 cup sifted powdered sugar
4 teaspoons lemon juice

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Coat a 12-cup Bundt pan with cooking spray; dust with flour. Combine cake mix and next 6 ingredients (cake mix through egg) in a large bowl, and beat at low speed of a mixer 30 seconds. Beat at medium speed 2 minutes; fold in blueberries. Pour cake batter into prepared pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan 10 minutes; remove from pan. Cool completely on a wire rack.

Combine the sugar and 4 teaspoons lemon juice in a small bowl, and drizzle glaze over cake.

Serving Size: 1 slice

Source:
"Cooking Light, April 1998, p.152"
Copyright:
" Cooking Light"
T(Baking Time):
"0:50"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per serving: 194 Calories (kcal); 4g Total Fat; (19% calories from fat); 5g Protein; 35g Carbohydrate; 13mg Cholesterol; 304mg Sodium
Food Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 Fat; 2 Other Carbohydrates

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 5632 0 0 0 3231 0 3338 0 0

karen
06-18-2000, 12:20 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by karen:
HELP! I have lost my April 98 issue that has this recipe in it.[/QUOTE

Beth,
This recipe looks delicious and doesn't sound too difficult to make. It is not the exact recipe in the April 98 issue on page 152.
P.S. Enjoy blueberry picking.
Thanks, Karen

Liane
06-18-2000, 02:05 PM
I've made the Blueberry Pound Cake several times and it's great but saw the Lemon Blueberry Poundcake and was tempted to try something new. Has anyone made both that would like to offer a comparision? I loved the first one so much and I kind of figured, if it ain't broke why fix it but I'd hate to miss out on something even better!

Beth
06-18-2000, 02:24 PM
Karen, Oops. You're right. I saw it was a 98 mag and didn't look closer. Suprised they had 2 that close together, but they both sound good. I couldn't type it all, so I pulled this out of MasterCook and don't remember seeing the other. Oh well, now we all have two to try. Enjoy.

BTW, it rained, but we got some blueberries. The place was crowded!

Jessica
06-20-2000, 02:30 PM
I have not tried the April 1998 recipe, but the pound cake one from later that year is fabulous. I bring it to brunch parties and it always disappears--and frozen blueberries work pretty well if fresh are not available.

Shirley Panek
06-22-2000, 12:26 AM
My 3-year-old son and I made the Blueberry Poundcake from Jul/Aug '98, and it was delicious.

The only problem was when I went to get it out of the pan. I'd never used a tube pan, before, and my cake fell to pieces trying to remove it. http://www.cookinglight.com/bbs/redface.gif

Any directions (or tips) on how to use a tube pan properly would help!

Thanks!

[This message has been edited by Shirley Panek (edited 06-21-2000).]

karen
06-23-2000, 07:07 PM
Shirley,
tip: Check recipe to see if pans need to be greasedd or lined with paper. Grease pan generously with unsalted shortening and flour generously. Shake excess flour from pan. Pan may be lined with baking paper or waxed paper. Grease side of pan when only bottom of pan is lined. Removed lining as soon as cake is turned onto rack to cool. Pans for sponde cakes should not be greased or floured.
If the cake is left in the pan too long, it will stick. Let pans sit 5 to 10 minutes before turning cake out on wire rack to cool. It may be necessary to slip a knife or spatula in at sideto loosen if cake does not slip out of pan easily.
I hope this helps with future baking. I lived in Maryland 5 years ago and had the best ORANGE CHICKEN ever.