PDA

View Full Version : Hawiian Punch and Gingerale and Rainbow Sherbert?

KimKelly
07-09-2005, 10:34 AM
Has anyone heard of this??? My daughter and her friend are having a double birthday party on Monday and the other mom said she remembered a "punch" with these ingredients. Neither of us are really sure though of the measurments... or if these are actually the real ingredients. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Kim

Beth
07-09-2005, 10:42 AM
Sounds like one of those things that you just pour into a punch bowl (or cups as the case may be). I wouldn't worry about a recipe -- just start pouring a bottle of ginger ale, a bottle or large can of Hawaiian Punch and a carton of rainbow sherbert (maybe scooping it in pretty scoops or making it into shapes before hand). Isn't that the way most punch recipes are written anyway? ;) Have a second can of Hawaiian Punch handy in case it's too diluted -- or try a dry run with the punch and ginger ale by the glass to get the propertions you will want to use.

Sounds like something girls would like -- pineapple sherbet would be good too, but less colorful. Mango sorbet would be good, but $$ unless you make your own with canned mango puree.

dlaboriel
07-09-2005, 11:22 AM
That's exactly how I make it, Beth. Just one of those throw together recipes that taste good no matter what portions you use. I have only used gingerale, maybe next time I'll try the punch.

gabbyh
07-09-2005, 11:28 AM
That's it! Haven't had it in years, but it was standard at all baby and wedding showers:D Really good ;-] (Don't add all sherbert at the same time, keep a second container for refrshing it)

~Gail

funniegrrl
07-09-2005, 03:12 PM
The standard when I was a kid was 1/2 gallon block of lime sherbet in a punch bowl, with several quarts of ginger ale poured over.

Tizzylish
07-10-2005, 08:56 AM
My mother made this for us when we were a kid, she did 2 cans of Hawaiian punch to one bottle of 7-up or Gingerale, then added the 1/2 quart of sherbert, raspberry, lime, rainbow, any one works. Sometimes she would even add a can of pineapple juice. I used to love it as a kid. :)