PDA

View Full Version : Turkey sandwich and mushroom gravy

Ann Sanders
07-10-2005, 04:03 PM
Not too long ago, in a thread, was mentioned an "Openfaced turkey sandwich with mushroom gravy".I certainlly would like to find that recipe. I thought I had it, but you know what thought did! Can you help me?

badunnin
07-10-2005, 04:11 PM
I did a search for "turkey mushroom gravy" and it came up as the second post. The search function is actually pretty useful when you use it.

Open faced turkey sandwiches with mushroom gravy

1 Tbsp. fresh thyme
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper

4 turkey cutlets 1/4 inch thick, about 3 ounces each

3 Tbsp. butter
1 large shallot, sliced thinly
6 oz. shiitake mushrooms
2 large green onions, thinly sliced

1/2 cup cream sherry
1-1/2 cups chicken broth
3 Tbsp. flour

Crusty bread, lightly toasted and buttered

Sprinkle turkey with thyme mixture, pressing to adhere.
Melt butter in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add turkey and sauté until lightly browned and cooked through, about 1-1/2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.

Add shallot and mushrooms - sauté 2 minutes. Add green onion, sprinkle with flour; stir 2 minutes. Gradually whisk in broth and sherry. Increase heat to high and boil until gravy thickens, whisking constantly, about 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Return turkey and any accumulated juices to gravy; simmer 1 minute to heat through. Season with salt and pepper.

Top each bread slice with 2 scallops and gravy.

beckms
07-10-2005, 04:30 PM
Yum, that looks good. The search function is kind of clunky...I did a search for "turkey mushroom gravy sandwich" and didn't get anything useful. I guess because I wrote sandwich instead of sandwiches...

Thanks for finding it, Badunnin! :cool: