PDA

View Full Version : ISO Recipes for leftover creme fraiche

bbenedict
07-12-2005, 08:59 AM
I've searched the CL database and have come up with these recipes. None of them are really tripping my trigger. I have about 1/4 cup of creme fraiche left. I used part of my creme fraiche this weekend with a fingerling potato salad with proscuitto.

Any other recipes ya'll can suggest?

TIA
Bonnie

Haricots Verts and Grape Tomato Salad with Crème Fraîche Dressing

Quinoa and Onion Risotto with Crème Fraîche and Hazelnuts

Sauternes-Poached Apricots with Fresh Berries and Vanilla Crème Fraîche

Two-Potato Salad with Crème Fraîche

Alethea
07-12-2005, 09:25 AM
SusanL posted a similar thread recently. Two of the recipes posted are ones you already listed, but there are two new pasta ones posted. http://community.cookinglight.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=76198&highlight=creme+fraiche

Of the CL ones, I remember enjoying the sauternes-poached apricots. I personally didn't like the quinoa risotto though, it came out very bland IMHO.

landk
07-12-2005, 11:13 AM
This is a Paula Deen recipe. It calls for 1/2 cup but you could cut the recipe down.

Shrimp and Scallop Fraiche

1/2 cup creme fraiche
1 lb. shrimp, cleaned, peeled, and deveined
1 pound fresh sea scallops
4 TBS. butter
Juice of 1 lemon
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 TBS. cognac or wine
1 TBS. cornstarch
2 TBS. fish or chicken stock
4 sprigs fresh basil

Clean and devein shrimp, leaving tails on. Pat scallops dry with paper towels. Melt butter in a large skillet. Add lemon juice and garlic. Place shrimp and scallops in butter and saute until scallops are opaque, 3 to 4 mins. per side. Remove to a warm platter. Add cognac or wine to pan juice. Dissolve cornstarch in stock and add along with creme fraiche to pan. Simmer until thickened. Pour sauce over shellfish and garnish with basil sprigs.

bbenedict
07-12-2005, 12:44 PM
Thanks for the reveiws on the quinoa and the poached apricots. However, the egg noodle with creme fraiche and herbs sounds fabulous and just the ticket to use some herbs that are going crazy in my garden.

I'll print the shrimp and scallop dish for later. It sounds like something my husband would absolutely love.

Thank you both!
Bonnie