PDA

View Full Version : Which Le Creuset to Get?

parrotsparrotsp
12-02-2005, 03:02 PM
I cook for two for most meals, so I was looking at the 3.5 quart Dutch Oven at SurlaTable, which is 150. Do you think I should stick with that size or go up to the 5.5 quart for 40 dollars more? Or should I be looking at a different but comparable brand which offers the larger size for around the same price?
I've looked around at them so much my head has started to spin, so anyone who has either/both of these, your input is much appreciated.

Thanks!

mbrogier
12-02-2005, 03:57 PM
I also cook mainly for two. I have the 5.5 quart, and it is just the right size for most tasks. Sometimes when making soups or large batches of marinara, I wish I had one that was a little larger, but that doesn't happen often. I have seen better prices on LeCreuset though.

foodfly
12-02-2005, 04:16 PM
I also cook mainly for two. I have the 5.5 quart, and it is just the right size for most tasks. Sometimes when making soups or large batches of marinara, I wish I had one that was a little larger, but that doesn't happen often. I have seen better prices on LeCreuset though.

I second everything said above. We could be twins.

I would not go smaller unless you had something specific in mind. My red 5.5 qt was on an Amazon Friday Sale for $80. I waited and watched as recommended by this BB. I price comparisoned first so I knew exactly what I wanted and its price, then pounced when I saw the deal. I'm watching now for cutlery.

I love my Le Creuset even better than the 18/10 stainless I purchased. The Creuset cleans easily and I don't have to drag out the stainless "polish" like I do with the other type pots.

mbrogier
12-02-2005, 05:19 PM
Oooh, you're even my twin that lives in my favorite city! :D

foodfly
12-02-2005, 05:34 PM
You're funny! :D

I was gonna say, but we don't have Oprah....but since she bought a house in Santa Barbara, guess that's not so true.

Okay, we don't have Rick Bayless (except on PBS).....

I just lost my neighbor/best contractor to Gardner. Are you close? Must be cold.

parrotsparrotsp
12-02-2005, 06:46 PM
I have seen better prices on LeCreuset though.

On a whim when my husband got home we went into town to just look at the different sizes at Foxfire/Williams-Sonoma. We happened to go into one of the discount stores here (Homegoods) and they had the 5.5 quart for 95.00, so we went ahead and got that one. I think we got a good deal! Thank you for the input on the size, I think this one will be perfect...it is the oval which i wanted.