PDA

View Full Version : Make up your mind, will you? Magazines and Marinades.

parrotsparrotsp
01-13-2006, 11:10 AM
I bought both the Weight Watchers 15 Minute Meals Special Edition AND a Paula Deen Magazine today at the grocery store. What dichotomy. The Paula Deen mag had her with macaroni and cheese on the cover...it probably has more calories than everything in the whole WW magazine :p . Oh well, i'm a magazine "collector" so it's ok i guess.

On another note, I am becoming a marinade, uh, tramp :) ...I bought 4 different kinds of marinade today at the grocery store (not the normal one i go to, same store, different location with much better selection). Not sure why i had to have all 4 in one trip, but i couldn't resist. I have a ton of pork chops to use up so i will be trying them out on those.

marshcl
01-13-2006, 11:14 AM
I recall a friend of mine who quoted a Paula Dean episode in which she actually said something like "I use both bacon and butter in this recipe. I like the flavor from the bacon and the texture from the butter."

parrotsparrotsp
01-13-2006, 11:16 AM
I recall a friend of mine who quoted a Paula Dean episode in which she actually said something like "I use both bacon and butter in this recipe. I like the flavor from the bacon and the texture from the butter."

I'm definately getting that vibe from the magazine. Some of these recipes clog your arteries reading them. But they do look good!

Leebot
01-13-2006, 12:45 PM
Remember that British TV cooking show - "Two Fat Ladies?" Everything was butter, cream, cheese, meats . . . .

I think they canceled the show altogether when one of them passed away.

dorothyntototoo
01-13-2006, 01:27 PM
They were an interesting pair. BTW it wasn't the fatter one who passed away, it was the one who smoked like a chimney. :eek:

veschke
01-13-2006, 01:36 PM
Remember that British TV cooking show - "Two Fat Ladies?" Everything was butter, cream, cheese, meats . . . .

They were great to watch. I wonder if it's on DVD.

And hey, it's all about the balance, right? A little WW here, a little Paula there, and everybody's happy. :-)