PDA

View Full Version : Valchemist...I tried the Whole Wheat Blueberry Bars

BlueMoose
06-09-2001, 09:56 AM
Val...
I made these this morning and they are really yummy! A definite keeper! I made a few minor changes....didn't use pastry flour. In the filling I used a 16 oz bag of frozen blueberries, so it was a bit more than 2 cups. I used about 3 T lemon juice, and in the topping I used 1/4 cup rolled oats instead of 3 T flour.

You may know this, but blueberries are rated #1 in terms of antioxidants of all fruits and veggies! So eat up! http://www.cookinglight.com/bbs/biggrin.gif

Thanks for posting the recipe,
Chrisi

By the way, for the rest of you who are interested, Valerie posted this recipe on the ISO bar cookies thread.

valchemist
06-09-2001, 03:22 PM
Wow, Chrisi. You are fast!

It is nice to have instant gratification like this -- knowing that I posted a recipe that at least one person liked and having added incentive to try them for myself.

Just wondering, what kind of flour did you use? Regular whole wheat flour or regular all purpose flour. (The recipe called for whole wheat pastry flour but it said you could make it with regular white flour.)

Thanks so much for the quick review. I can't wait to try them!! But first, I am going to be making the date pecan bars. I will post a review of that either Monday or Wednesday (when the boards come back).

BlueMoose
06-09-2001, 04:13 PM
I used regular whole wheat flour.