PDA

View Full Version : Still no March issue?

Jessica
03-02-2006, 12:13 PM
Anyone else not get March yet? I emailed CL but haven't heard back yet.

Hammster
03-02-2006, 12:26 PM
I usually have the issue by midmonth or slightly later in the month before. So I called them last night. Issues aren't considered late by CL until the 7th of the month. So it isn't late yet. Yeah right!! They are already on the newsstand. Grrrrr. :mad:

Grace
03-02-2006, 12:28 PM
I haven't!! And I'm so disappointed!! It seems everyone else in the Chicago area has theirs, but not me. :mad:

And I am hosting our supper club this Monday, and need to choose my main course. I suppose I can go to the website and look at the recipes there, but really, I am just not inspired by a list of titles. I need pictures, background info, etc. to find something I really like. If it doesn't come by tomorrow, I think I may have to go buy it off the newsstand. :mad:

gertdog
03-02-2006, 12:33 PM
Mine just turned up today, so there is still hope!

PAMMELA
03-02-2006, 12:41 PM
Got mine yesterday....Grace, I'm also hosting supper club this month, and I DID go to the website and peruse that way. Some of the recipes have the pictures with them, so at least it helps.

MISSINDI
03-02-2006, 01:23 PM
Mine just came yesterday ...

KimKelly
03-02-2006, 02:01 PM
I've been on a CL break and just resubscribed in December. I got the Jan/Feb issue about 3 weeks ago, but no March. I gave a gift sub. to my mom at the same time and she hasn't received either.

K

SusanL
03-02-2006, 03:00 PM
:( Still haven't gotten mine in PA, really late for me. Guess I will email to find out what is happening. I really hate when this happens!!

JennieL
03-02-2006, 03:07 PM
I just got mine today!

krhm
03-02-2006, 03:15 PM
Mine is late too. I thought the 18th was the day they could be considered late. Did I just dream that???

Beth H
03-02-2006, 03:20 PM
Mine is late too. I thought the 18th was the day they could be considered late.

I thought the late day was around the 7th or 8th of each month. Surely someone knows as everyone here has had a late issue at some time or another.

Hammster
03-02-2006, 03:31 PM
I thought the late day was around the 7th or 8th of each month. Surely someone knows as everyone here has had a late issue at some time or another.

Scroll up and see what I wrote about CL not considering them late until the 7th of the month. :D

Beth H
03-02-2006, 03:50 PM
Scroll up and see what I wrote about CL not considering them late until the 7th of the month.

Oops! :) I obviously hadn't read the thread that closely. But, I guess I was right about the date!

Gecko
03-03-2006, 01:20 AM
I got mine yesterday. I am really to surprised to hear that so many of you on the mainland don't have your issues as yet.

Hammster
03-03-2006, 06:52 AM
Got mine yesterday. Looks like a good one so far.

Grace
03-03-2006, 07:54 AM
How's this - my neighbor 2 blocks away (who is also in my supper club) has hers, but still nothing for me! I don't get it. :(

Jessica
03-03-2006, 08:44 AM
The frustrating thing is that I forgot to resubscribe in December, so I bought the Jan-Feb issue and then sent in the card to subscribe, but I asked to start my subscription in March since I had the Jan-Feb issue. I got a Jan-Feb issue in the mail anyway, but still no March and no reply to my customer service request. Well, at least supper club is not till the 20th.

Hammster
03-03-2006, 09:10 AM
How's this - my neighbor 2 blocks away (who is also in my supper club) has hers, but still nothing for me! I don't get it. :(

Our mail service is horrendous. We receive sale ads on the last day of the sale instead of when the flyer says to deliver the ad.

Just last week, we received a package addressed to someone on a completely different block with a completely different address. And the disturbing part of that mistake is that it was a prescription for the person it was intended for! :eek: Of course I immediately walked it over to her house. Sheesh. That same day our next door neighbor came over with a huge stack of mail for us that was delivered to his mailbox that day.
What scares me is what if we don't have good neighbors and they receive our mail and don't bring it over or put it out for redelivery. A missed magazine does no harm in the big scheme of things, but a potentially life saving prescription sure could.

So it's hard to say if it's the magazine getting out late or just shabby postal delivery. A shame either way.

So far I have found it does no good to complain to the postal service. It seems they just don't care as there is no real competition in place to make them better.
In fairness to the letter carriers, the problems mentioned only seem to happen when there are "substitute" carriers delivering the mail. :)

Jessica
03-03-2006, 09:21 AM
We have good mail service so I don't think that is the problem here.

oceanjasper
03-03-2006, 10:05 AM
No issue here yet! It's still a bit early though. :)

imloulou
03-03-2006, 10:26 AM
I don't have mine either! (I just wanted to say this "out loud" because then it will definately appear in my mailbox this afternoon :p )