PDA

View Full Version : Homemade Ice Cream Sandwich Recipe

Gracie
03-29-2006, 01:30 PM
This is from today's Boston Globe and looks intriguing. I remember the Weight Watcher version of homemade ice cream sandwiches where you put vanilla frozen yogurt between two chocolate graham crackers and freeze.

This is adventurous but is at least going in my "to try" pile. If anyone tries these, please post the results!

Boston Globe's Homemade Ice Cream Sandwiches (http://www.boston.com/ae/food/articles/2006/03/29/ice_cream_sandwiches/)

Loren

cminmd
03-29-2006, 08:57 PM
The best homemade ice cream cookie recipe is mine! I use trade joes meyer lemon cookies and fill them with my homemade lemon or raspberry sorbet. They are so fantastic you cant believe it!!!

dneilson
03-29-2006, 09:41 PM
Meyer lemon cookies with lemon sorbet....what a fantastic idea!! What a perfect dessert idea on hot sultry summer evenings when you want something light and refreshing. Can be made ahead and frozen...great idea! I'm going to try. Thank you

mbrogier
03-30-2006, 12:21 AM
Thanks, Gracie! I love ice cream sandwiches, but I don't like the tasteless icecream. I'm going to try these soon when I make ice cream again. I think they'd be good with strawberry.