PDA

View Full Version : For all of us who love handbags - what a concept!!

Gracie
05-10-2006, 10:36 AM
Has anyone seen this handbag website? (https://www.bagborroworsteal.com//webclient/getPage.aspx?page=msn_clp_01&setCookie=1&adtrackID=7987&sourceCode=7987)

What an idea! It's a great way to get multiple designer handbags and not have to purchase them forever!

I wonder if this concept exists for things other than handbags and Netflix...

What do you all think?

LOren

muriel3002
05-10-2006, 12:14 PM
But can they guarantee the quality?

Gracie
05-10-2006, 12:16 PM
Under the FAQ's they say they guarantee them to be real and in great condition. I guess if you turned in a bag that you damaged, you'd have to pay for it.

Loren

zwieback
05-10-2006, 12:25 PM
I have seen that website (or a similar one, at least) before. I didn't go through this website at all but, from what I recall, the monthly fee was quite high. I think I'd rather put the money towards a timeless piece than get the "in" bag of the day. BTW, the silver bag on the front page of that website is about the ugliest purse I've ever seen.

I wouldn't join this kind of club but, it would be good for people who want the "in" bags but, don't want to spend all of the money buying the bags. I'd be curious to hear from someone who actually does it.

zwieback
05-10-2006, 12:48 PM
Okay, I just looked at the website and it confirmed my initial thought that it was a bit pricey. You have to be a member for at least 3 months at $9.95/month (I'll round it to $10). So, that's $30 off the bat. Then, the cheapest cost for renting a bag would be $5/week or $15/month. The shipping times are 4-5 business days so, realistically you'd probably only get 2, maybe 3 bags per month if you'd only like to enjoy the purse for a day or two. Then, there is $9.95 per bag charge for shipping (again round to $10). So, from what I could figure out, the cheapest scenario for 3 months would be $90 or $105, depending on if you picked the $5/week or $15/month rental charge. That's just for the cheapest bags and that doesn't include insurance, if you're wanting to buy it. Well, I guess if you just rented 1 bag per month for only 1 week each month, the cost would be $55 for the 3 months. And, in all likelihood, one would continue with the service and not quit after the initial 3 months. I'd also like to know when the rental week starts - the day they ship the bag? (it states 4-5 business days for shipping, unless you pay $15 for expidited shipping) If so, you'll have that bag longer than a week unless you use the day you get it and return it the next.

I would want something to show for my $90/$105 dollars aside from having a purse for a day or two. That's just me.

ETA -- the more I look at this, the more I'm confusing myself about the prices but, it's still pricey in the end. Cheapest 3 month scenario is $55 and that is for 1 bag for 1 week per month.

tbb113
05-10-2006, 01:13 PM
Loren - this came up once before...here is a link (http://community.cookinglight.com/showthread.php?t=80268&highlight=handbag) to the original thread.

I think if you really like to swap out your purses...it could work.

zwieback
05-10-2006, 01:23 PM
I knew I had heard of this concept before -- I started the thread tbb113 posted the link for. :p :D I guess I just didn't remember. :)