PDA

View Full Version : Best way to reheat breaded pork chops?

penguin
08-15-2006, 08:33 PM
I am making dinner for a family this Friday and need to deliver it in the AM. I want to make breaded pork chops but wonder what is the best way to reheat them? In the oven at 350 until warmed through? I could always under cook them a bit so they don't get too dried out when reheated.

BTW, I don't really have a recipe I follow, but it is loosely based on the Breaded Pork Chops from Joy of Cooking.

Thanks for any advice!

sneezles
08-15-2006, 08:58 PM
If it were me I think I'd look for another way to prepare the chops as breading never seems to do well when reheating. I sometimes zap the meat and then stick it under the broiler to recrisp the coating but that seems like a lot of work for someone you're providing a meal for, JMHO.

penguin
08-16-2006, 07:04 AM
Hmm, good point Sneezles. I would like to make them something with boneless pork chops since they have been getting a lot of chicken dishes lately and the husband doesn't like seafood of any kind. There are 3 young kids so I need some kid-friendly pork chop recipes that reheat well. Perhaps I need to start a new thread... :rolleyes:

mmbedard
08-16-2006, 07:13 AM
Amy, here is a recipe for pork tenderloin that I'm sure you could adapt for boneless pork chops....reheat could be gently on top of the stove or in the microwave.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Pork Medallions with Port Wine-Dried Cherry Pan Sauce

Recipe By :Pam Anderson
Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 cup ruby port -- or other sweet red wine
1/3 cup dried sweet cherries
4 teaspoons seedless raspberry jam
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin -- trimmed
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper -- freshly ground
1 tablespoon butter
Fresh parsley springs (optional)

Combine first 4 ingredients.

Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over low heat for 2 minutes. Cut the pork crosswise into 16 pieces. Sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper.

Place pork in pan,- cook 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove pork from pan. Stir in wine mixture, scraping to loosen browned bits. Increase heat to high, bring to a boil. Cook until reduced to cup (about 3 minutes). Remove from heat. Stir in butter with a whisk. Serve sauce over pork. Garnish with parsley, if desired.

Yield; 4 servings (serving size: 4 pieces pork and 2 tablespoons sauce).

Source:
"Cooking Light Magazine, March 2004, p. 164"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 261 Calories; 12g Fat (43.1% calories from fat); 36g Protein; trace Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 118mg Cholesterol; 397mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : Here, a pork tenderloin is cut into 16 medallions, an ideal shape and size for sauteing. Butter is whisked into the red wine mixture at the end, creating a velvety and rich sauce. Serve with plain or garlic-flavored couscous.

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

NMG
08-16-2006, 07:58 AM
How about Apple Glazed Pork Chops with raisins and you could make a batch of rice to go with it???? Very tasty and easy to reheat!

Meganator
08-16-2006, 08:07 AM
There's a great recipe on the boards for pork chops in a whiskey sauce. It is basically pork-chop stroganoff, and it's really good.

sneezles
08-16-2006, 08:36 AM
An old family favorite that's easy to prep and then the family can cook as needed. If the kids are picky eaters the veggies can be removed before plating. Amounts and pan size can also be adjusted to fit the number of chops.

Baked Chops and Rice

Serves: 4

4 boneless pork chops
4 onion slices
4 bell pepper rings
4 tomato slices
3/4 cup rice
1 (10 ounce) can beef broth

Lightly grease a 9" square baking pan and spread rice evenly over the bottom of the pan. In a skillet over medium heat brown the chops on both sides and arrange in a single layer in pan. On top of each chop place one slice each of onion, tomato and bell pepper. Pour broth evenly over pan, tightly cover and bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes.

penguin
08-16-2006, 03:38 PM
I think I'm going to make the Pork Medallions w/Cherry Pan Sauce. I will give them a box of couscous and prep a veg for them to cook. (The MIL is there to help and I'm sure she can handle that in case the husband is incompetent.) With dessert, their meal will be complete.

Thanks for the help!