PDA

View Full Version : Drink a glass of water

BevP
10-24-2000, 09:02 AM
I figure if it's in the message list, folks will see it and remember to have a glass or two. Remember, drinking water is one of the best things you can do for your health. It helps you have a more effecient waste removal system. It gives you softer skin. It helps you lose weight. It's practically a miracle cure and it's totally free (or not if you want that expensive designer water). What else can water do for you? You add.

MrsReber
10-24-2000, 09:10 AM
It gets rid of that bloated, toxic feeling and keeps my skin clear!

emilycat
10-24-2000, 02:56 PM
Just adding on to what BevP said, water helps you to lose weight by filling you up, and also by just keeping you hydrated. A lot of times, people who are chronically dehydrated simply think they're hungry, when the main culprit may be dehydration. The best way to estimate how much you need is to guess 1 ounce per pound of bodyweight. So if you weigh 130, for instance, you need a little over 8 8 oz. glasses each day. I usually fill up a measuring cup with 8 ounces of water, then pour it into the cup I'll be drinking out of, making a mental note of how full the glass is; then when I refill my glass, I know how much water to fill it with.