PDA

View Full Version : Thursday Exercisers (8/23)

Kathy B
08-23-2006, 11:26 AM
Today I got up early and did Namaste yoga again. Had an early work meeting, so no time for a run (and now it's too hot!). I am sure I will be walking the dog later, too. Definitely a run tomorrow!

Mary H, glad to see you yesterday. Good for you for getting back into the exercise mode! :)

What is everyone else doing today? :)

Melman
08-23-2006, 06:19 PM
Good going, Kathy. Can you share some information about your Namaste tapes? I LOVE yoga. Unfortunately, my favorite yoga instructor has left the gym. The other people who teach do more of a beginner's style. Since I've been taking classes for more than three years, I'm really looking for more of a challenge. (When one of the instructors first started teaching several months ago, she had us go into a "cha-cha-ranga" position. HuH???? It was obviously chateranga(sp?) - the yoga push-up position. When she first said it, my mind warped into a "yoga-aerobics" move. :D) I really miss my classes!!!! Thanks for any info!

Anyway...I went to the gym tonight and did 43 minutes on the treadmill. I was targeting 400 calories. Made it exactly. :D

Who's next???

Kathy B
08-23-2006, 09:29 PM
Melanie, the Namaste yoga is a new series I found on FIT TV, and I really like it. Since we recently got a DVR, I have set it to record all of the 7:30 episodes. When I want to do yoga, I just pick one from the list of those recorded and push play.

One thing that can be good or bad depending on what you want is that each episode is only 30 minutes. Good if you want a quick but effective workout, but sometimes I want more. In that case I do the warmup and workout from one episode, then skip to the next episodes workout and cool down. There are commercials twice (after the warm up and before the cool down), but I can FF through those, and the rest of the time is ALL yoga.

She does give a bit of instruction, but a beginner probably wouldn't be able to keep up. Some episodes are more challenging than others, of course, but one thing I really like is that you keep moving. No long pauses while someone demonstrates or explains something.

I also like Steve Ross on the INHALE program, Oxygen Channel, but those are an hour long. I have taped several of those, too, because he is on at 5:00 AM around here! :eek: He is a bit repetitive which can sometimes be a good thing, but I was really glad to find Namaste Yoga so I can have a little more variety.

I have only taken a class once, and while I liked some things about it, it was kind of geared towards older adults (as in seniors) and it just moved too slowly for me. The class lasted 1 1/2 hours, but I never felt like I had really gotten a workout.

Anyway, that is probably way more than you wanted to know, but I will end with a link to the website for Namaste Yoga (http://www.namaste.tv/yoga.html) .

Melman
08-23-2006, 09:54 PM
Thanks, Kathy! That's excellent information. I had forgotten you taped them from tv. I know I used to have Fit TV, but I'm pretty sure it's no longer offered by my cable company. I'll check. I'll check out the link too.

:D

Peggy
08-23-2006, 11:50 PM
Today I did 25 minutes on the Nordic Track.

Peggy

jakespeed12
10-13-2006, 05:08 AM
All of season one can be downloaded at mobovivo (http://www.mobovivo.com) to your computer and even ipods if you have one.