PDA

View Full Version : Rockstar Supernova 9/5 ( possible spoilers!!! )

Terri_A
09-05-2006, 07:31 PM
Okay...I'm watching right now...I've never liked Storm, but LOVE her original song!!!! OMG - total change of pace for her!

KristiB
09-05-2006, 07:32 PM
It's not on here yet but I luvs a good spoiler! :D

Terri_A
09-05-2006, 07:36 PM
Do any other nerds like me go download songs after Rockstar each week, adding them to their iPod???

...and for the record, I , too, LOVE a good spoiler. Just like I love good gossip! :D

charley
09-05-2006, 07:45 PM
I think the only reason I've watched the show this year is because of Windows Media Center. Storm has been a consistant bright spot.

MNGirlTX
09-05-2006, 08:09 PM
I may be the only one who feels this way...but, I don't like when BON JOVI messes with Bon Jovi...let alone Lukas!!!!

Again, his performance was my least favorite.

It sure looks to me like Dylana is doing everything she can to LOSE this contest.

Lori

Pony
09-05-2006, 08:11 PM
Terri, soooooooooo how did you feel about Lukas singing Bon Jovi???? :p :D

I prefer Marty Casey's (last year) version of Mr. Brightside. That is one song I downloaded.

Terri_A
09-05-2006, 08:14 PM
Lori - I agree wholeheartedly - don't mess with Bon Jovi!!!! I hated that rendition of the song. Of course, I don't care for the troll doll anyway!

Dilana is acting as if she's already lost and without a big turnaround, I think she's done. I've been a fan of hers since the start, but the last 2 weeks have been almost painful to watch.

Toby...oh Toby...what can I say about Toby. Dreamy....and really good...and well...my knees are weak. Is it me or did he seem to come out of nowhere in recent weeks to appear as the frontrunner for this gig?

By the way, did I mention that Toby is hot? :D

Terri_A
09-05-2006, 08:19 PM
Terri, soooooooooo how did you feel about Lukas singing Bon Jovi???? :p :D

I prefer Marty Casey's (last year) version of Mr. Brightside. That is one song I downloaded.

Michelle - you know that KILLED me to watch the troll doll destroy a perfectly delightful Bon Jovi song!!!! I agree on Marty Casey's unplugged version of Mr. Brightside - it's on my iPod! :D

Chelle D
09-05-2006, 08:23 PM
Ughhhhhhhhhhhhh Lukas. DON'T MESS WITH BON JOVI! And the Supernova guys liked him? What the WHAT? lol

I loved Storm, even with the weird eyes and sucking in of the cheeks that she does all the time.

Toby is such a great performer, but I agree that Marty was better on Mr. Brightside last year. I was trying to figure out why I didn't like it when Toby was doing in.

Dilana just lost something recently and it doesn't seem like she has any songwriting ability.

I HOPE Lukas goes. I can't believe he is still around.

Peweh
09-05-2006, 08:49 PM
They are voting 2 people off tomorrow, right? I'm so bummed I'm going to be out of town until Saturday!! The cable box is set to record but I KNOW DH will spill the beans...

Angry smurf/moody hobbit has GOT to go.

Pony
09-05-2006, 09:41 PM
Michelle - you know that KILLED me to watch the troll doll destroy a perfectly delightful Bon Jovi song!!!! I agree on Marty Casey's unplugged version of Mr. Brightside - it's on my iPod! :D

:p :p I have all of Marty Casey's videos on windows media player. DH hates when I turn them on :rolleyes: , he made the show for me! I just haven't gotten in to it as much this year.

And the Supernova guys liked him? What the WHAT? lol
:D :D

gabbyh
09-06-2006, 04:29 AM
...I've never liked Storm, but LOVE her original song!!!!

So does Supernova!! I said to my husband: "They want her song!!!" Just like JD last year...INXS had to have Pretty Vegas :D

Dilana and Lukas gotta go...enough of the dark side already :rolleyes:

Although I'm partial to Toby...it must be the Aussie thing :D ...my final 3 are Toby, Magni, and Storm...should be a good show tonight!

~Gail

KristiB
09-06-2006, 06:12 AM
Toby or Magni should win. But after last night I think it might be fixed for Luke-a$s.

mom2garret
09-06-2006, 06:37 AM
Alright, where exactly do you go to download the songs you like? I just got an IPOD and I am still trying to figure things out. I need to get into THIS century! Smurf/Moody hobbit OMG! That is dead on.............
Jodi

Pony
09-06-2006, 06:52 AM
Alright, where exactly do you go to download the songs you like? I just got an IPOD and I am still trying to figure things out. I need to get into THIS century! Smurf/Moody hobbit OMG! That is dead on.............
Jodi

Jodi,

We have iTunes downloaded on our computer. You can go to the iTunes website (http://www.apple.com/itunes/) and download iTunes. Then you search for songs. Maybe there is another way, but this is how we do it. :)

Michelle

mom2garret
09-06-2006, 06:55 AM
See what a dork I am! I knew about ITunes but I was thinking there was another site just for the shows song. Thanks for the help!
Jodi

funnybone
09-06-2006, 07:32 AM
I've loved Toby since the beginnng - he just gets cuter each week! :D

They mentioned that there would be four left for next week - I think Dilana needs to go. She really hasn't grown at all, yet they said that of Storm last week.

As for Lukas, I hated him last night. :(

IndyKF
09-06-2006, 07:44 AM
Interesting to see how Storm has taken over Dilana in favorite females! I will definitely agree with that too. I felt bad for Dilana after her injury, but Storm's original just blew away just about everyone else's (except maybe Toby).

Speaking of Toby...where did he come from? He has really stepped it up with some strong performances. He is slowly becoming my fave.

Magni...I still love, so I hate to say it, but I think he can be a bit boring.

I've never been a Lukas hater, but I don't think he is a good fit for SuperNova. I think he has incredible stage presence, and I think that's what the band loves about him.

I'm beginning to think Toby has a real good chance at winning this :p

KristiB
09-06-2006, 07:46 AM
I think Dilana needs to go. She really hasn't grown at all, yet they said that of Storm last week.

"Nobody knows what it's like to be a bad girl...to be a sad girl... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

As for Lukas, I hated him last night. :(

Yeah his original song sucked too. Faux mother angst. She probrably grounded him so he couldn't go to the Good Charlotte concert. Or told him to get his hair out of his eyes...It was edited out of the show, but Tommy told Lucas he always dreamed of having a lead singer like him in a band. The guy sounds like he's gargling half the time and the other half he's howling like a chihuahua.

funnybone
09-06-2006, 07:49 AM
I'm beginning to think Toby has a real good chance at winning this :p

I agree - I think the band needs a young, good looking guy to attact (or keep) the groupies. It would be in their best interest to pick him since those kids weren't old enough to have followed the original bands the other band members were a part of. ;) :) :rolleyes:

Tarheel YaYa
09-06-2006, 07:55 AM
Or told him to get his hair out of his eyes...

:D
I'm officially a Mom now I guess because that hair in his eyes was on my last nerve!!
Plus the fact, I just don't like him.

It was edited out of the show, but Tommy told Lucas he always dreamed of having a lead singer like him in a band. The guy sounds like he's gargling half the time and the other half he's howling like a chihuahua.

Just curious, where did you see the stuff that was edited out?

IndyKF
09-06-2006, 07:59 AM
"Nobody knows what it's like to be a bad girl...to be a sad girl... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Oh...I forgot about this part! What was up with Dilana saying she had never heard parts of "Behind Blue Eyes"?? I'm surprised the band didn't give her more grief for that comment.

MISSINDI
09-06-2006, 09:52 AM
Loved, loved, loved Toby's original song. Hated what Lukas did to Livin' on a Prayer, and didn't care for his original song. The hair drives me nuts. Storm did well, Dilana so so. I was all excited for last night's show, then remembered Ryan wouldn't be there. :(

KristiB
09-06-2006, 10:51 AM
I'm officially a Mom now I guess because that hair in his eyes was on my last nerve!!

On the webisodes and sometimes the stuff shows up on You Tube-like Josh's gaffe.

KristiB
09-06-2006, 10:56 AM

On the webisodes and sometimes the stuff shows up on You Tube-like Josh's gaffe. I don't go looking but another board I post on has a Supernova thread and people post that stuff.

Terri_A
09-06-2006, 06:18 PM
See what a dork I am! I knew about ITunes but I was thinking there was another site just for the shows song. Thanks for the help!
Jodi

Last season you could download all the songs right of the rockstar.msn.com website - even original songs, but I haven't looked to see if it's the same this season.

Terri_A
09-06-2006, 06:28 PM
Okay - yes you can download from the website. I just went and looked and downloaded Toby and Storm's original songs. Just goto MUSIC from the main page, select the week of the show you want music from ( this is week 10 ) and you can download. You need to setup an MSN account if you don't have one since each song is $0.99. Not a bad deal since you don't know if you'll hear those songs again!

I'm watching the results show and they're starting the bottom three now...gotta watch!

MNGirlTX
09-06-2006, 07:18 PM
Dang it, that was not the result I was hoping for! Obviously, Lukas has a whole province voting for him....or Supernova is fluent in Smurfese...or something.

Loved Storm's version of "Wish You Were Here" and was surprised to see Jason crying.

Lori

Terri_A
09-06-2006, 07:30 PM
Yes, unfortunately, the troll doll survived another week. If they choose him...I won't be a fan, that's for sure!

I think Storm did well this week, but I don't think she's right for the band.

Next week should be fun! I think I'm rooting for Toby...but I like everyone but the troll doll.

funnybone
09-06-2006, 08:43 PM
I wasn't surprised to see Storm go. I'd have been happier if it were Dilana or Lukas though. The band can't ignore that Magni and Toby have been getting top votes the last couple of weeks, so hopefully they will choose one of the two.

Cherise
09-06-2006, 09:24 PM
See below. Gotta love those board gremlins.

Cherise
09-06-2006, 09:31 PM
Ok, weird gremlins. I posted a response, and the thread bumped up, but I don't see my post??? I don't like Lukas either, and was sad to see Storm go. I really like her a lot, but I agree that she is probably not the best match for the band. I just hope any of the others but Lukas wins. Oh, and speaking as the previous owner of several chihuahuas,

The guy sounds like he's gargling half the time and the other half he's howling like a chihuahua.

the chihuahua's resent that comment. ;)

gabbyh
09-07-2006, 04:15 AM
I thought from the beginning that TL had the hots for Dilana, now I'm convinced! Although I was sad to see Storm go, I agree thatshe wasn't right for the band...

My husband thinks they gave Toby the car because they like him, but not as the first choice; I hope he's wrong!!!

~Gail

IndyKF
09-07-2006, 05:57 AM
No big surprises last night, but I was kinda hoping to get another week of Storm instead of Dilana.

What'd you guys think of Magni with the band? I thought the first half of the song, he looked nervous but I thought he picked up and ended up being pretty good.

Unfortunately, I'm not terribly impressed with any of Supernova's songs :(

MISSINDI
09-07-2006, 06:09 AM
Okay - yes you can download from the website. I just went and looked and downloaded Toby and Storm's original songs. Just goto MUSIC from the main page, select the week of the show you want music from ( this is week 10 ) and you can download. You need to setup an MSN account if you don't have one since each song is $0.99. Not a bad deal since you don't know if you'll hear those songs again!

I downloaded some of the songs last year. Is there any way to get them from the MSN music account over to iTunes?

funnybone
09-07-2006, 06:32 AM
I downloaded some of the songs last year. Is there any way to get them from the MSN music account over to iTunes?

I've done it, but it's been awhile, so I don't really have any instructions for you. You have to import it over using iTunes (you can find it in the dropdown menu). Other than that, you can burn the song on a CD and then download it again.

MNGirlTX
09-07-2006, 09:33 AM
Unfortunately, I'm not terribly impressed with any of Supernova's songs :(

Which is why they shouldn't pick Dilana...she doesn't have songwriting talent. I thought the Supernova song last night was at least "all right".

I liked her (Dilana) from the beginning, but she's lost personality points with me the past few weeks.

Since I probably won't buy the album.....they can go ahead and choose Lukas. ;)

Lori

PoppyJ
09-07-2006, 10:39 AM
I have loved Toby from the beginning...there is just something about him that I cannot get over. I think my DH gets jealous while I am watching SN because I get so excited about Toby. :p

I think that Magni or Toby deserve to win, but I do not know how successful Supernova will be, so I will not be too sad if they don't. As long as Magni and Toby release albums in the US, I will be a happy camper.

birdyone
09-07-2006, 01:21 PM
Speaking of Trolls - Dilana is the Queen - WOW! What a disgusting looking 'thing'. And, those crutches - she had to be carried on to 'sing' on Tuesday and then it seemed like the torn muscle/whatever was forgotten for the most part - last night with those 'sticks' - just too much. She started off at the onset of the contest and then opened her jealous big mouth - I'm sure that will not be forgotten by anyone. I really like Storm, but it seemed that was in the cards - and I think Toby will be 'the one' - they need a 'looker' to keep the chicks coming :) . JMHO

BTW - Lucas has a whole Country (not a Province) voting for him. ;)

Terri_A
09-07-2006, 07:37 PM

Open iTunes and then open a window with the file your MSN music is in. Next, drag and drop the the songs into the Library on iTunes. Now it's in your iTunes!!! You can also copy and paste if you'd prefer to save a copy of the song in another file.

Pony
09-07-2006, 08:37 PM
You all are going to kick me out of the party, but I sorta kinda like Lukas. There is something so oddly strange about him which makes me like him. I actually think I like his original. Ok, go through tomatoes at me or how about some chocolate....I can deal with it.

However, I do think Toby or Magni should win.

ps.... I "heart" marty casey and no one will be as good as he was last year! ;)

Cherise
09-07-2006, 09:12 PM
I won't throw anything at you. :D :D He's just not my cup of tea. But I totally agree with you about Marty. DH and I both loved him last year. We were glad INXS didn't pick him, because I think it would have completely wasted his talent. We love his CD, and saw the Lovehammers at Summerfest this year. It was a great show.

Terri_A
09-08-2006, 05:54 AM
You all are going to kick me out of the party, but I sorta kinda like Lukas. There is something so oddly strange about him which makes me like him. I actually think I like his original. Ok, go through tomatoes at me or how about some chocolate....I can deal with it.

However, I do think Toby or Magni should win.

ps.... I "heart" marty casey and no one will be as good as he was last year! ;)

I think because you love Marty Casey as much as I do, I can forgive you for liking the troll doll! I'm ready for Marty to release a CD. His original song from last season, "Trees", is in regular rotation on the iPod on our way to Sabrina's school EVERY morning - she and I both love him!

Pony
09-08-2006, 06:11 AM
I think because you love Marty Casey as much as I do, I can forgive you for liking the troll doll! I'm ready for Marty to release a CD. His original song from last season, "Trees", is in regular rotation on the iPod on our way to Sabrina's school EVERY morning - she and I both love him!

:p :p :D
I don't know why I am intrigued by him. I guess he is oddly strange to me and it makes me like him because he is different. I do like his voice, but I never see myself buying his music. For some reason last night I kept hearing "Headspin" in my head and liked it :eek: . It was then I admitted to myself I liked him :p

Pony
09-08-2006, 06:13 AM
I won't throw anything at you. :D :D He's just not my cup of tea. But I totally agree with you about Marty. DH and I both loved him last year. We were glad INXS didn't pick him, because I think it would have completely wasted his talent. We love his CD, and saw the Lovehammers at Summerfest this year. It was a great show.

I wish I knew about Marty when I lived in Chicago! I would have enjoyed seeing the Lovehammers perform. Glad you got to see them!

MISSINDI
09-08-2006, 06:35 AM
Open iTunes and then open a window with the file your MSN music is in. Next, drag and drop the the songs into the Library on iTunes. Now it's in your iTunes!!! You can also copy and paste if you'd prefer to save a copy of the song in another file.

Awesome - thanks, Terri! Now I just gotta figure out where MSN put those songs from last year...

Mpenny1001
09-08-2006, 12:59 PM
We Love Marty

Is it sad that after Storm finished with "Wish You Were Here", DH and I looked at each other and said, "Well, she's no Marty Casey."?

Cherise
09-09-2006, 08:49 AM
I'm ready for Marty to release a CD. His original song from last season, "Trees", is in regular rotation on the iPod on our way to Sabrina's school EVERY morning - she and I both love him!

Their CD is already out, we pre-ordered it last spring, have had it for several months now at least. I'll try to insert a link for it here (http://www.sonymusicstore.com/store/catalog/MerchandiseDetails.jsp?selectionId=676873&sms=ast-marty)
We love the CD.

Also, DH and I just bought iPods last night, and we are trying to figure this out. We bought a song from rockstar.msn and tried to import it to our i-tunes. The drag and drop thing didn't seem to work, so we tried to go through import, but it says that the song is in a protected format, WMA or something like that, and it won't import. Anyone else have this problem, and is there a way around it? TIA.

PoppyJ
09-09-2006, 08:53 AM
Also, DH and I just bought iPods last night, and we are trying to figure this out. We bought a song from rockstar.msn and tried to import it to our i-tunes. The drag and drop thing didn't seem to work, so we tried to go through import, but it says that the song is in a protected format, WMA or something like that, and it won't import. Anyone else have this problem, and is there a way around it? TIA.

I am having the same problem with the songs I bought from rockstar.msn. Right now my plan is to just burn a CD when I am done with downloading songs from this season and copy that CD onto my ipod. That is the only way I can figure out how to do it. Anyone else have a better solution?

MISSINDI
09-09-2006, 09:01 AM
I am having the same problem with the songs I bought from rockstar.msn. Right now my plan is to just burn a CD when I am done with downloading songs from this season and copy that CD onto my ipod. That is the only way I can figure out how to do it. Anyone else have a better solution?

Ditto. The drag-and-drop didn't work for me either. Can't be done. There IS a tab for copying the music onto a CD, so I copied everything onto a CD, then imported it over to iPod. A little backwards, if you ask me, but it worked, so I'm happy. The song titles don't come up (when they transfer to iTunes, they're listed as Track #1, Track #2, etc.), so you need to rename the titles. Hope this helps!