PDA

View Full Version : Why no Google tribute for today?

krhm
09-11-2006, 09:02 AM
You know how Google will often change its homepage a little to reflect a holiday or event? Why isn't there one today?

Ack...edited to fix apostrophe!

Terri_A
09-11-2006, 09:29 AM
I don't know...but I have to say that I'm a little bit glad. It seems like a BIG deal is being made today. I'm all for a moment of silence, calling it Patriot Day, remembering those who were lost - but the coverage today is insane. If the point of the terrorists was to disrupt our lives - they've done a good job. I think the best tribute I can give my friend that I lost that day is to continue to LIVE, be FREE, and CARRY ON.

Okay, vent over.

beacooker
09-11-2006, 09:35 AM
I don't know...but I have to say that I'm a little bit glad. It seems like a BIG deal is being made today. I'm all for a moment of silence, calling it Patriot Day, remembering those who were lost - but the coverage today is insane. If the point of the terrorists was to disrupt our lives - they've done a good job. I think the best tribute I can give my friend that I lost that day is to continue to LIVE, be FREE, and CARRY ON.

Agreed!

(is this long enough now?)

krhm
09-11-2006, 10:17 AM
It just seems strange that they had a little tribute to James Joyce once but nothing at all for today. Maybe for the same reasons you both stated. I'm not sure how I feel about it. I definitely think media coverage in general is insane, and not just for today's events!