PDA

View Full Version : ISO: lacy nut cookie recipe

smokeandashes
10-05-2006, 11:36 AM
Hi all - I am searching for a recipe for a cookie that a former co-worker of mine would make for christmas. I never got the recipe from her before I left that job. The cookie had finely chopped nuts in it (I think it was peanuts) and the cookie was extremely flat and lacy and the color of the cookie was white. They would just melt in your mouth. She said these were a traditional cookie (darned if I can remember which nationality though).

Thanks for your help.

zwieback
10-05-2006, 11:46 AM
The cookie that comes to mind when I read your post is Florentines. The recipe I have has pecans in it, though, not peanuts. Here is the recipe:

Florentines

1/2 c. Heavy Cream
1/2 c. Sugar
1 c. Pecans, chopped
1/4 c. Flour
Few grains of salt

Mix ingredients together. Arrange 2 inches apart on aluminum foil. Bake in a 350 degree oven until brown around the edges (about 10 minutes).

Optional Topping:

Melt 8 oz semisweet chocolate. Add 2 TB cream or water. Spread over cookies.

I'm not sure exactly where this recipe is from. It is a recipe my mom used to make often. The cookie is a very flat, crispy along the outside and chewy in the middle kind of cookie. She used to make sandwich cookies with them sometimes, as well, spreading the chocolate between 2 cookies. The chocolate is really good on them but, they're equally yummy without it.