PDA

View Full Version : Last Minute Help...oven Baed Bacon

bk
12-23-2006, 01:24 PM
Down To The Last Minute Help Needed. I Don't Remember Exactly How To Cook Bacon In The Oven. Need To Do It X-mas A.m.

Any Assistance Will Be Hugely Appreciated. Cheers

Tia Bk

Gumbeaux
12-23-2006, 01:35 PM
I don't know the answer to your question specifically but right now I am cooking bacon wrapped Lit'l SmokiesŪ and the recipe says to bake them in the oven for an hour.

sweetpea
12-23-2006, 01:38 PM
well, from what i can remember (been a while since i have done it...) i usually preheat oven to 425 degrees, put strips of bacon on racks on the baking sheet (grease will pool below the racks). bake for about 20 minutes or until as crisp as you desire--i like mine crispy so it might take less time if you like it less crisp. i'll check some other sites and see what they say as well.

editing to add--online it says 325 degrees or it will burn. never use an oven temp this low--but 375 would be a nice median. and it says 20-25 minutes as well.

yumyummum
12-23-2006, 01:39 PM
It is very easy to do in the oven.

Preheat to 375
Arrange bacon on sheets and cook! Sometimes I flip and sometimes I don't. My oven is really hot and they cook quickly so watch they they don't burn! I pull mine out just before I think and let them continue cooking on in the hot pan.

charley
12-23-2006, 05:22 PM
I do 15 minutes at 400 degrees (that's preheated) for very crisp. Line a jelly roll pan with foil and put a cake rack inside it, then lay the bacon on the rack.

ADM
12-23-2006, 05:46 PM
I place the bacon on a rack over a 9x13" pan, (containing water), and bake 350 degrees to desired crispness. If I only need 1/2 pound bacon (or whatever) I cook the whole pound, and place the extra strips in a freezer container. Later I can easily use as many strips, of already cooked bacon, as I need.

bk
12-23-2006, 06:05 PM
:) You Guys Are The Greatest. Thanks For The Speedy Replies To My Problem.
May You All Have The Greatest Holidays Ever
Thanks

Barbara;) ;) ;) ;)