Community Message Boards

Thread: ISO: Desserts for Bridal Shower

ISO: Desserts for Bridal Shower

I've been asked to make some desserts for a bridal shower. The mother of the bride is ordering a shower cake so I don't want another cake. I am fond of bar type desserts that maybe I can present in pretty gold or silver cupcake papers. This makes a nice presentation and is easy to carry around and eat. I need recipes! Anyone ever make any desserts for a bridal shower. I welcome ALL ideas with recipes of course!!! Thanks so much!!

I neglected to mention I am cohosting this shower with several others. It will be an evening shower with a full dinner served. We are expecting about 35 people. Hope this helps with ideas!!

One thing I did for a baby shower tea could easily be served as a petit four at the end of a fancy dinner. No recipe, just instructions. Using frozen, thawed puff pastry, cut out flowers (or other shapes). Bake on a cookie sheet according to directions on box. "Punch out" middles, cutting almost, but not all the way through, with a small round cookie cutter (or a smaller square or diamond, etc...depending on what shape you used for the cut-outs), and fill with lemon curd, jam, ganache, flavored whipped or bavarian cream...your imagination's the limit. For some reason people think they're super-complicated and fancy, but they couldn't be easier. I did flowers with small rounds of lemon curd in the middle.

I like MissFood's suggestion and along those lines you could do cream puffs or mini chocolate eclairs. Both are easy and impressive.