Community Message Boards
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Del Mar/La Jolla/San Diego supper club?

Hybrid View

Thumbs up Del Mar/La Jolla/San Diego supper club?

Anyone in the San Diego/North County area interested in forming a supper club too?

Thumbs up

Saphie, I would be very interested in getting a group together. I live in the LJ/PB area and would like to meet and share my interests of food and fun with like-minded others.

Thumbs up

I'm interested in a SD Supper Club. What are the details? I live in Mission Valley.

Smile

A supper club sounds like a great idea. This is my second year subscribing to Cooking Light and I would like to get to know some other fans.

Saphie-
    I live nearby in Carmel Valley and would be interested in geting a club together, too.

I am very interested in joining a cooking club. I live in Carlsbad and would like to get some info. on this possible group forming.

There are a few women in the process of forming a San Diego supper club - 6 of us met for dinner and we had a total of 10 people interested. However, as the date approached we were down to 4-5 and decided to postpone. Looks like there's more interest so we can try again.

Dana

Smile

[QUOTE]Originally posted by DanaSD:
    [B]There are a few women in the process of forming a San Diego supper club - 6 of us met for dinner and we had a total of 10 people interested.

That's terriffic. Let's definitely try again.
    Should the original people and the new people meet for coffee? I'm thrilled to hear that some organizational step is already in progress since I'm a little too overwhelmed with work right now to be a chief; I would love, however, to be an Indian. Count me in!
    -saphie

Question

My husband and I love to cook -- are men welcome too?
    Kim Moss, Talmadge

Smile

Hello! I have a small group of friends (three of us so far) interested in starting a Cooking Light dinner party group within the LJ/PB area. I am a nutritionist and a true foodie. Feel free to contact me if you are interested in joining us or if we can join together with another local group! Thanks!

I'm thrilled by all the response! Could someone please organize us and tell when and where we should meet?

Cool

Hi there! I'm in North County & am interested in a supper club. I'll be watching for a meeting time & location to get organized.

There are a few of us from a previously started San Diego club that would like to join or have new members. When/where are you planning to meet? I live in Del Mar.

Originally posted by DanaSD:
    There are a few women in the process of forming a San Diego supper club - 6 of us met for dinner and we had a total of 10 people interested. However, as the date approached we were down to 4-5 and decided to postpone. Looks like there's more interest so we can try again.

Dana
    Hi Dana..I've been a fan of Cooking Light for years and would love to join your supper club. Please send more details. Thanks..

I would be very interested in joining a supper club. Have any decisions been made and if so do you have room for one more? Please let me know!

Why don't we try this again? Last time the UTC area was central for most people. Outside the Food Court (near Starbucks) at UTC there are lots of tables and chairs. Why don't we try meeting there next Monday (July 10) at 6:00PM? Bring your latest Cooking Light so we can identify each other!

Talking

Monday at 6p at the UTC food court sounds great! We'll just have to see what kind of a turn out we get and go from there! I should be free and look forward to meeting you all!

Talking

It sounds like there's a lot of interest in getting together. See you Monday!

[This message has been edited by ADPJen (edited 07-06-2000).]

Do you have room for one more tonight at the UTC meeting? I live in the Talmadge area, and have been a fan of Cooking Light for a couple of years. I would really enjoy getting together with other Cooking Light fans! Thanks!

Question

OK. I'm sorry to say that I missed the Monday, July 10th meeting, but, I'd still love to be involved. Can someone please fill me in on how it went? Hope it was a good turnout! I'm sure I missed out!

Smile

I also missed the get together on the 10th but would love to be involved, if there is still room. Hope it went well!

To Kristain and Dawn in Carlsbad. Would love to have a local supper club and meet new friends. I am married and would love to have couples dinner parties as well. Please feel free to respond to my e-mail.

I missed the 7/10 meeting, but am very interested. Please share with me any details (dates/times of future events).

It seems that I am not the only one coming in late to this great concept. The irony is that I was at UTC on JUly 10th...just didn't know about the meeting. Could one of the attendees update the rest of us on the status...ie are new members welcome or should we start our own group#2, which well may be necessary if this response list is an indicator.

Kim&3 Guest

Talking

Originally posted by mbmiotto:
    It seems that I am not the only one coming in late to this great concept. The irony is that I was at UTC on JUly 10th...just didn't know about the meeting. Could one of the attendees update the rest of us on the status...ie are new members welcome or should we start our own group#2, which well may be necessary if this response list is an indicator.

I'd be very interested in joining/starting a club in the East County/Mission Valley/SD area. Anyone else in this neck of the woods interested?

Originally posted by saphie:
    Anyone in the San Diego/North County area interested in forming a supper club too?
    Hi. I just registered...did you guys ever get your supper club off the ground? I'd like to participate, but first I'm going to try to get one going North County Inland.

I will be moving to the north county area next week and would like to meet people and share cooking ideas. Anything formed yet?

Nicole

Originally posted by saphie:

[This message has been edited by Nicole Smith (edited 07-30-2000).]

Kim&3 Guest

Question

Hi, have you gotten any response? I live in La Mesa and would like to start/join a supper club in the SD/East County area. Are you interested?

Kim

Originally posted by Pumpkin:
    I'm interested in a SD Supper Club. What are the details? I live in Mission Valley.

Talking

I'm interested. I am in East County but will go almost anywhere. Let me know the info. Thanks.

Kim&3 Guest

Talking

Originally posted by Foodfun:
    I'm interested. I am in East County but will go almost anywhere. Let me know the info. Thanks.
    Hi FoodFun,

I'd love to try to organize something, preferably in this area. Anyone in SD, East County, Mission Valley interested?

Kim