Community Message Boards

Thread: my new favorate snack

my new favorate snack

I was reading the March issue of the Rachael Ray magazine, and there is a page that lists some of its readers favorate night time snacks. Well the past few days I've been LOVING one of these snacks, although its not a late not snack for me...its still sooooooo good.

Its just a banana split length wise, so that there is a top and bottom. Spread the bottom with peanut butter and drizzle with honey, then top with the top half of the banana and eat.

YUM!
    I'm walking in the avon walk for breast cancer AGAIN for the 5th year (2008)!

Donate Here

Quote Originally Posted by RebelsLGB View Post
    I was reading the March issue of the Rachael Ray magazine, and there is a page that lists some of its readers favorate night time snacks. Well the past few days I've been LOVING one of these snacks, although its not a late not snack for me...its still sooooooo good.

Its just a banana split length wise, so that there is a top and bottom. Spread the bottom with peanut butter and drizzle with honey, then top with the top half of the banana and eat.
    You forgot the chopped mixed nuts on the top!

Funny you should mention that, because that sundae was featured on her show a couple weeks ago and I was doing a banana-less version (too many carbs for me) with just the honey, pb and nuts for a few nights.

I did learn a lesson about heating small quantities of peanut butter in the microwave along the way, too.

Bob

That's one of my favorite snacks, without the honey! It's hard to get the PB to stick to the banana, though.

Susan
    http://5recipes.blogspot.com

i freeze banana halves and do the same. there is something about frozen bananas that is absolutely divine!

and the honey is occasionally replaced by caramel or chocolate sauce...but that's another story.
    Life finds a way to amaze and amuse me everyday.

oh man...i have a bunch of bananas at home just WAITING to have this done to them!!

ETA: hey...i didn't get march yet!!

Bob,

I don't like nuts

but a sundae? are we talking about the same thing? This is not an ice cream sundae that i'm talking about, although that does sound excellent!!....just the banana, peanut butter and honey

mmmmmmm mmmmmmm mmmmmmm

it is hard to get the peanut butter to stick to the banana..but worth the effort IMHO.

Donate Here

Quote Originally Posted by RebelsLGB View Post
    Bob,

I don't like nuts

but a sundae? are we talking about the same thing? This is not an ice cream sundae that i'm talking about, although that does sound excellent!!....just the banana, peanut butter and honey

mmmmmmm mmmmmmm mmmmmmm

it is hard to get the peanut butter to stick to the banana..but worth the effort IMHO.
    No, not the same thing. Because it was RR and I'd just done it, I "read" the ice cream part into it.

I like mine better.

Bob

no ice cream here either- but that's why i use a frozen banana...
    Life finds a way to amaze and amuse me everyday.

Yum... sounds like I know what my snack will be tonight. Maybe with Granola on top of the P-nut butter?

This just gave me an idea...instead of PB I will try with Nutella! Yum Yum!

For those familiar with Dairy Queen, whatever they use for their crunchies/sprinkes would be really good! And the nutella as well!
    Erin

"Eating peanut butter is a sacred act, not to be defiled by pork or its substitutes."

-generic

New favorite bumper sticker: "Go Green. Recycle Yourself. Become an Organ and Tissue Donor."

We often eat something similar. Just smear the PB on the unpeeled banana. The rough texture of the banana holds the PB much better than the slick inside you get when it's cut. Sprinkle w/ mini chocolate chips for the extra indulgent version!
    Last edited by rosen; 02-07-2007 at 05:10 PM.
    "I can read and write if that's what you mean. I'm not thick or anything just don't ask me where the commas go."
    Incendiary by Chris Cleave

This sounds gooood...just posted a thread about my obsessive snack tendancies. Have a feeling that this will be the newest one on my list!!!

I've just had another one.

I think what makes it so great for me is the honey. I LOVE honey...

i've told my dad to get ice cream at the store so that I can try the sundae.

Speaking of honey and bananas...my favorate dessert at my local thai resturaunt is a banana cut into quarters rolled in a wonton, deep fried, then sprinkled with cinnamon & sugar and then drizzled with honey..IT IS HEAVEN!!

Donate Here