Community Message Boards

Thread: Can I make brownies in cupcake pans?

Can I make brownies in cupcake pans?

I'd like to make individual brownies (from a mix, with add-ins) and bake them in cupcake pans. Is this possible? How would I figure out how long to bake these?
    Vicci

Can't you just eat what I put in front of you? Do you have to know what it is?
    Ria Parkinson, Butterflies (BBC, 1978-83)

I've done it before baking at 375 for about 20-25 minutes you need to let them cool in the pan about 15 minutes.
    Well-behaved women seldom make history!

Quote Originally Posted by sneezles View Post
    I've done it before baking at 375 for about 20-25 minutes you need to let them cool in the pan about 15 minutes.
    THANKS! About how full do you fill the cups with batter?
    Vicci

Quote Originally Posted by VictoriaL View Post
    THANKS! About how full do you fill the cups with batter?

Just about to the rim as brownies don't usually rise too much but if you're worried about overflow then just about 2/3 full like you would for muffins or cupcakes.
    Well-behaved women seldom make history!

Quote Originally Posted by sneezles View Post
    Just about to the rim as brownies don't usually rise too much but if you're worried about overflow then just about 2/3 full like you would for muffins or cupcakes.
    Thanks again!
    Vicci

I do that all the time, and it's really popular with the folks I make it for. Just make sure the pans are greased well, so they can come out easily without falling apart. I usually cut about 3 minutes off the cooking time for the brownies.

Sharon

I've made brownies in mini muffin pans before, that works really well and it makes bite sized brownies.

Quote Originally Posted by saserre View Post
    I do that all the time, and it's really popular with the folks I make it for. Just make sure the pans are greased well, so they can come out easily without falling apart. I usually cut about 3 minutes off the cooking time for the brownies.

Sharon
    Saserre, I just noticed your quote- I saw Avenue Q about a year ago- SO funny!

VictoriaL, I still owe ya for the wonderful Roasted Red Pepper Lasagna . . . wish I could have seen this post early enough to be helpful! Just wanted to share another brownie idea: you can bake it on parchment paper on a pizza stone, then slide the cooled brownie off the paper & back onto the stone, & top with whatever you want--caramel, nuts, M&Ms, chocolate sauce, whatever. It's a fun recipe for a kid crowd.

Enjoy your brownie muffins!
    If you're afraid of butter, use cream. ~~ Julia Child

As you cook, you enjoy omniscience about food that no amount of label reading can match. Having retaken control of the meal from the food scientists, you know exactly what is in it. (Unless you start w/cream of mushroom soup, in which case all bets are off.) To reclaim control over one's food, to take it back from industry & science, is no small thing; indeed, in our time, cooking from scratch qualifies as subversive. ~~ Michael Pollan

Quote Originally Posted by testkitchen45 View Post
    VictoriaL, I still owe ya for the wonderful Roasted Red Pepper Lasagna
    Wow-- it's nice to have one of my contributions remembered so fondly!

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions!

The results:

I used a Ghiradelli brownie mix (the one with the chocolate syrup pouch). I had bought some cupcake papers with hearts on them, so I used those.

I filled the cups about 1/3 with batter, then a heaping teaspoon of raspberry preserves that I swirled into the batter a bit. Then I added raspberry-and-dark chocolate chips to the remaining batter and filled the cups the rest of the way. For a change I didn't overbake (I think that they took about 23 minutes, then I allowed them to sit in the pan for 10 minutes). Very chocolate-raspberry, very fudgy. Absolutely heavenly!
    Vicci