Community Message Boards

Thread: Does anyone know the WW points for a turkey burger?

Does anyone know the WW points for a turkey burger?

DH made turkey burgers last night. They are a commercially-sold product as he got them from work. I know they're not even close to being low fat and they are huge!

But I really need an estimation of how many points they are so I know if I have *any* points I can eat today after overeating that thing last night .

Does someone have an expanded WW book with food points? The food point list that they give you in the Week One book lists a 3-oz "patty" for 5 points but the way it's categorized makes me think they're talking about a homemade "patty" of ground turkey meat, not a commercially-available one.

TIA!

Loren
    The term "working mother" is redundant.

It's the weight that counts, not the "size" of the patty. And, usually, that is the cooked weight, not the "raw" weight. The package should give you the stats on one serving. WW "rule of thumb" is that 3-4 oz of meat should be about the size of the palm of your hand or the size of a deck of cards. HTH--

The WW e-tools has a number of options under turkey burgers; a simple Jenny-O patty is 4 pts; but an "Eat'n Park" burger is 11! Do you have a brand name?
    "I cook with wine; sometimes I even add it to the food."
    ---W.C.Fields

I forgot to weigh it cooked and the only ones we have left are frozen with no box.

I don't have a brand name either but the Eat n Park is probably closer to it! Does the Eat n Park include a bun?

Maybe I should just think 15 points to be safe.

Loren
    The term "working mother" is redundant.

Quote Originally Posted by Gracie View Post

I don't have a brand name either but the Eat n Park is probably closer to it! Does the Eat n Park include a bun?
    Loren
    that's the frustrating thing about e-tools; sometimes the items are "measured" by weight in ounces, measured in cups, or listed as "per item," which is what the Eat n Park thing was, which I guess would include the bun. But at least it's a guideline.
    "I cook with wine; sometimes I even add it to the food."
    ---W.C.Fields