Community Message Boards

Thread: Tuesday exercisers (3/6)

Tuesday exercisers (3/6)

Hi!

I'm back from my month-long hiatus, which was forced upon me by dental surgery (couldn't eat); a stomach virus (couldn't eat); DS breaking his foot (kinda busy with that); getting back to eating; battling a cold/sinus thing; and now, FEELING BETTER BUT COMPLETELY OUT OF SHAPE!

So today I showed my face at the gym and lifted some weights and ran 3 miles on the treadmill. I've squeezed in a couple of short runs over the last month, but everytime I felt strong enough, something else knocked me down almost immediately.

Who's next, and how have you all been doing??

Martha

Martha - Its good to hear you are feeling better. Getting over you own sickness & taking care of DS must have been a challenge!! Glad you got back into the gym!

I have been slacking too lately. I was so good before, but now being 3 months pregnant & feeling icky on and off, I have so much less energy (not to mention no motiviation) to get by "getting larger by the day" behind in for some excersize. This morning, I got up early enough and swam in the pool for a 1/2 hour. It felt so great!! (Now, if only I can convinve myself to do this everyday... ).

Glad to see you back, Martha! I'm sorry that the last month was so yucky. You can't be in too bad of shape, what with running three miles If I took a month off, I doubt I could run a whole mile without stopping

Welcome Krysia! And congrats on your pregnancy - swimming was one of my favorite activities when I was pregnant (back in the Stone Age.)

Today I met a friend at the gym for some biking and lifting. I also made it to kickboxing class yesterday, but neglected to post it.

Next?

Sheila

Hi, everyone! Glad to see you back!

I did my usual water aerobics for an hour today. The water was the perfect temperature, and the instructor was making up for taking it easy last week when the water was too warm to move!

The lake is coming up, and the weather is getting warmer... pretty soon (another month or so) I'll be able to run in the lake! Now, I've got some other aerobic moves to put with the running, and can do it whenever the weather's good...

Who's next?
    Kay
    I'm a WYSIWYG person -- no subterfuge here!

Good work, Ladies!

Today I went on a 3-mile walk with my DH. Anyone else?

Peggy
    To take the first step in faith, you don't have to see the whole staircase: just take the first step. - Dr. Martin Luther King