Community Message Boards
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: April CL is here!!

April CL is here!!

I can't believe that I got next month's issue so early! I've only leafed through it quickly, but here are some featured articles:
    Five Signs of Spring--recipes using spring veggies such as asparagus and peas
    Tasty Packages--cooking in parchment or foil packages
    Cooking Classics--a feature on cooking with eggs
    Inspired Vegetarian--Japanese dishes
    Menu of the Month--Easter dinner

Hope you get your issue soon too!
    Alicia

WOW! it seems like i just got march! i can't wait!!

Looks like the recipes are already up on the site too!

Mine arrived today!

Sorry, but please remind me. How do you find/search for current month recipes?

Quote Originally Posted by Holly in KC View Post
    Sorry, but please remind me. How do you find/search for current month recipes?
    Go to the Cooking Light Homepage and type in April 2007 in the search box.

You can find them here
    All That's Left Are The Crumbs

"You can never do a kindness too soon, because you never know how soon it will be too late"

"Great minds talk about ideas; small minds talk about people" - Eleanor Roosevelt

You don't even need to go to the homepage. You can just type April 2007 in the search box at the top of this page. Super easy!

Mine arrived yesterday ... looks good!

I got mine yesterday! I looked only quickly but the en Papillote recipes look great -- lots of fish. And there are recipes w/ an article on Walter Willet. Those look very good too.
    Sarah

the recipes look good...still gotta wait until mid april though...

Mine arrived yesterday, which is super early compared to when the issue normally arrives.

And congrats to Anna, who's won another contest!! The chocolate chip irish cream pound cake is going on my weekend menu for certain!
    I believe in the forest, and in the meadow, and in the night in which the corn grows. -Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Alethea View Post
    Mine arrived yesterday, which is super early compared to when the issue normally arrives.

And congrats to Anna, who's won another contest!! The chocolate chip irish cream pound cake is going on my weekend menu for certain!

Thanks, Alethea!

The cupcake beat me, but it was a fun contest as usual. Hope you like the cake. I had to keep the chocolate chip amt. low to keep the fat at 30%, but feel free to add more.

Quote Originally Posted by Alethea View Post
    I second that! And Anna, you look great!

It was in my mailbox today too. I'll be leafing through it later on.

Quote Originally Posted by gobluem82 View Post
    I've only leafed through it quickly, but here are some featured articles:
    Five Signs of Spring--recipes using spring veggies such as asparagus and peas
    Tasty Packages--cooking in parchment or foil packages
    I'm a bit surprised. For the April 1997 issue, they celebrated their 10th anniversary, listing their 10 favorite CL recipes of all time as well as other favorites. Is there not any mention of their 20th anniversary in this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by annagins View Post
    The cupcake beat me, but it was a fun contest as usual. Hope you like the cake. I had to keep the chocolate chip amt. low to keep the fat at 30%, but feel free to add more.
    Congratulations Anna! You are amazing and we are all so proud of you! Can't wait to get my April issue.

Peggy
    To take the first step in faith, you don't have to see the whole staircase: just take the first step. - Dr. Martin Luther King

Quote Originally Posted by Gecko View Post
    Go to the Cooking Light Homepage and type in April 2007 in the search box.

You can find them here
    Thanks! .

Is there not any mention of their 20th anniversary in this issue?
    They jumped the gun a bit and focused on it on the March issue. In the editor's column, she mentions the font and graphics changes. plus the new flat binding (I love this feature as I have had older issues fall apart too often).

Quote Originally Posted by semmens View Post
    They jumped the gun a bit and focused on it on the March issue. In the editor's column, she mentions the font and graphics changes. plus the new flat binding (I love this feature as I have had older issues fall apart too often).
    OK. Thanks, semmens. I still can't believe they didn't feature their favorite CL recipes over the past 20 years--or maybe they're waiting till later this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Peggy View Post
    Congratulations Anna! You are amazing and we are all so proud of you! Can't wait to get my April issue.

Peggy
    Wanna hear something funny? I was looking through the magazine and my aunt, who is a model, is in a big full page ad. It was really crazy because she didn't tell me she was doing this ad and I just stumbled upon the ad. I won't say which one but will leave it a mystery for those intrepid and/or bored enough to try to match facial features . It's just a coincidence that we're both in the same magazine and I have a feeling it's an issue my grandmother is going to treasure.

Anyway, thanks for the kind words Peggy. I will stop hogging up the thread now. LOL. Hopefully, everyone will like the cake. I actually submitted one I liked better, but the Irish Cream cake is the one they chose. In hindsight, I wish I'd made a glaze for it or something...something to kick it up and make it better than that cupcake, but I kept it simple. I thought the cake was okay, but I sent it to work with my husband and he had multiple requests for me to make it again.

Very cool, Anna! My guess for your aunt is the lady in the Botox ad.....

And your cake made it as one of the Greatest Hits on the Index page. I always try those recipes first. I think that would mean more to me than the contest! To be a CL Greatest Hit! Anyway, I will be trying your cake! Congratulations (again!).

Quote Originally Posted by semmens View Post
    Actually, they are doing stuff all year long. One of the things they are doing is going back to past favorite recipes and making changes to fit with the way we now define healthy eating. It's the last page of each issue, March had the Italian Cream Cake.

"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself" ~ George Bernard Shaw

Sigh . . . still waiting for mine. Wiping drool off keyboard. Still haven't made all my "to try's" from March, so maybe it's OK that I have to wait. But April sounds delicious!
    If you're afraid of butter, use cream. ~~ Julia Child

As you cook, you enjoy omniscience about food that no amount of label reading can match. Having retaken control of the meal from the food scientists, you know exactly what is in it. (Unless you start w/cream of mushroom soup, in which case all bets are off.) To reclaim control over one's food, to take it back from industry & science, is no small thing; indeed, in our time, cooking from scratch qualifies as subversive. ~~ Michael Pollan

Wow - I got mine yesterday.

I haven't even gotten through March yet. That is very unusual but I have a library book that has a waiting list so I can't renew it. Everytime I get a chance to read I am forced to choose the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    Very cool, Anna! My guess for your aunt is the lady in the Botox ad.....

And your cake made it as one of the Greatest Hits on the Index page. I always try those recipes first. I think that would mean more to me than the contest! To be a CL Greatest Hit! Anyway, I will be trying your cake! Congratulations (again!).

Yes! That is her. I had no idea she was doing work for Allergan/Botox so when I saw the ad, I called her and asked about it. It was kind of awkward..."So, are you getting Botox now?" but she was happy to hear the ad was running in CL and told me she was having fun with the campaign.

As for the cake, I didn't notice that it was in the greatest hits section. That's pretty neat.

Quote Originally Posted by annagins View Post

Hopefully, everyone will like the cake. I actually submitted one I liked better, but the Irish Cream cake is the one they chose. In hindsight, I wish I'd made a glaze for it or something...
    Well, it sure does smell good. I just took it our of the oven, so haven't tried it yet. I'm glad I read this though cause I might just make a glaze with some powdered sugar and Irish Cream-What do you think?

Just wanted to point out that LakeMartinGal (Kay) is also in one of the articles...unless everyone else knew this and I'm just slow!

Quote Originally Posted by mcgeiger View Post
    Just wanted to point out that LakeMartinGal (Kay) is also in one of the articles...unless everyone else knew this and I'm just slow!
    I thought it was supposed to be this month, but I don't have my magazine, yet! DD saw the article, and emailed me... I'm eager to see it!
    Kay
    I'm a WYSIWYG person -- no subterfuge here!

OK, well I must be totally blind. I have looked through the whole magazine, page by page, THREE times, and cannot find you Kay??? Which article are you featured in???

Make that FOUR times now. Still can't find it....

pg 133