Community Message Boards

Thread: Pickled Tink recipe

Pickled Tink recipe

While in Miami two weeks ago, we went to the Hard Rock Cafe at BaySide Market Place. I had a pickled tink and would like to make this drink at home. Does anyone have a recipe for this drink? TIA
    Maureen

"Trying to live the life I imagined"

Drinksmixer 2000 has this....

I did a search on www.drinksmixer2000.com and this is what they had. Hope it's the right one.

Pickled Tink recipe

1 serving

1 oz lemon rum
    1 oz Bailey's Irish cream
    4 oz cinnamon schnapps
    2 oz peppermint schnapps
    2 oz cherry juice
    2 oz grenadine syrup
    1 oz maraschino cherries
    1 slice cucumber
    1 dash ground paprika

1. At least 3 hours before serving, place small jar of candied cherries w/ juice, several slices of large cucumber into a small cooking pot with cup of grenadine and 1 cup of water. Let simmer on lowest heat setting for 15 minutes.

2. Strain out the cucumber slices and chill on a plate in refrigerator.

3. Pour remaining fruit mixture into a blender and blend to a smooth consistency.

4. Pour mixture into buttered cupcake tin and place in the freezer until frozen. (Number of potential servings depends on number of fruit cups made)

5. Combine;
    4 oz. - Bailey's Irish Cream
    2 oz. - Rumple Minze Peppermint Liqueur
    1 oz. - Goldschlager Cinnamon Schnapps
    1 oz. - Bacardi Limon Rum
    1 frozen fruit cup of setup mixture
    cup of ice

Blend thoroughly and pour into a chilled tall (Tea) glass (about 12 ounces). Place a single cucumber slice at the top as a garnish & dust lightly with paprika.

This is the version they serve at the Hard Rock in Orlando..I assume it's the same:

stoli razberi vodka, pia colada mix and fresh strawberries served frozen and garnished with two maraschino cherries

Yeaaaahhhhh....I'll file that one away.
    Just another Susan

"Peggy, here I am tryin' to contain an outbreak, and you're drivin' the monkey to the airport!" Hank Hill

www.thebreastcancersite.com Click here to fund free mammograms!

Thanks for such a quick reply. I definitely think this will be on the menu for this summer, they were soooooooooooo good.
    Maureen

"Trying to live the life I imagined"

Quote Originally Posted by Hammster View Post
    I did a search on www.drinksmixer2000.com and this is what they had. Hope it's the right one.

Pickled Tink recipe

1 serving

1 oz lemon rum
    1 oz Bailey's Irish cream
    4 oz cinnamon schnapps
    2 oz peppermint schnapps
    2 oz cherry juice
    2 oz grenadine syrup
    1 oz maraschino cherries
    1 slice cucumber
    1 dash ground paprika

1. At least 3 hours before serving, place small jar of candied cherries w/ juice, several slices of large cucumber into a small cooking pot with cup of grenadine and 1 cup of water. Let simmer on lowest heat setting for 15 minutes.

2. Strain out the cucumber slices and chill on a plate in refrigerator.

3. Pour remaining fruit mixture into a blender and blend to a smooth consistency.

4. Pour mixture into buttered cupcake tin and place in the freezer until frozen. (Number of potential servings depends on number of fruit cups made)

5. Combine;
    4 oz. - Bailey's Irish Cream
    2 oz. - Rumple Minze Peppermint Liqueur
    1 oz. - Goldschlager Cinnamon Schnapps
    1 oz. - Bacardi Limon Rum
    1 frozen fruit cup of setup mixture
    cup of ice

Blend thoroughly and pour into a chilled tall (Tea) glass (about 12 ounces). Place a single cucumber slice at the top as a garnish & dust lightly with paprika.
    that just sounds like barf waiting to happen! what a funky combo
    - Josie

Quote Originally Posted by avariell View Post
    that just sounds like barf waiting to happen! what a funky combo
    LOL. I've had pretty good luck with drinksmixer's recipes. As lonetree didn't really give any indication what the drink had in it, I just went ahead and posted the one I found. It really is a wild combo of stuff. But, there's no telling what someone will like. Luckily someone else found a recipe that seems to be what lonetree actually had.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammster View Post
    LOL. I've had pretty good luck with drinksmixer's recipes. As lonetree didn't really give any indication what the drink had in it, I just went ahead and posted the one I found. It really is a wild combo of stuff. But, there's no telling what someone will like. Luckily someone else found a recipe that seems to be what lonetree actually had.
    having said that, i would probably try it if it was plunked down in front of me

one of my favorite college drinks (especially during weather like we are currently having - those first beautiful, absurdly warm days of spring) was a "skip and go naked"
    you blended frozen pink lemonade concentrate, beer and vodka together. loved the stuff
    - Josie

One of our Supper Club members made a drink much like yours, avariell, at one of our meetings. I know it lemonade and beer, but can't remember much else about it except that it didn't taste like beer. Maybe she'll see this thread and chime in.
    Just another Susan

"Peggy, here I am tryin' to contain an outbreak, and you're drivin' the monkey to the airport!" Hank Hill

www.thebreastcancersite.com Click here to fund free mammograms!