Community Message Boards

Thread: What do you do with leftover ham?

What do you do with leftover ham?

We went to my mil for Easter dinner and she sent home leftover ham, quite a bit. I don't want to just heat it up or eat a lot of ham sandwiches (we hardly ever have bread in the house and I want something that comes recommended, I can pick out some really strange recipes to try. So some suggestions would be very, very helpful. Doesn't have to be light...help???

My gut response to the title was ... "Sammiches!"

But, other than that ...

Chef salad
    as a filling for omelets, crepes, quiche
    as a side with scrambled eggs
    straw and hay fettuchini
    Deviled ham (could eat with crackers)
    chicken monterrey

DmOrtega Guest

Thumbs up I love having leftovers!

We have ham also and this is a simple dish that we really like.

Canadian Bacon, Potato, and Swiss-Chard Gratin from Food & Wine Quick from Scratch One-Dish Meals

2 Tb butter
    1/2 lb swiss chard, large stems removed, leaves cut crosswise into approximately 1" ribbons [optional for us, good with or without, or use squeezed dry frozen spinich]
    1 clove garlic, minced
    1/2 tsp salt [omit]
    1 1/2 lbs baking potatoes (about 2 large), peeled and cut into approximately 1/8" slices [3 large, unpeeled]
    1/4 lb Gruyere, grated (about 1 1/2 cups)
    1/2 lb sliced Canadian Bacon [sub bite sized pieces of ham]
    2/3 C canned low-sodium chicken broth or homemade stock [use full can]

1. Heat the oven to 425*. In a medium frying pan, melt 1 Tb butter over moderately low heat. Add the swiss chard and cook until starting to wilt, about 1 minute. Stir in the garlic and 1/8 tsp salt and pepper. Cook until no liquid remains in the pan, about 2 minutes.

2. Butter and 8x8" baking pan or similarly sized gratin dish. [we use 8x11] Layer one third of the potatoes in the dish and top with 1/8 tsp salt and pepper, a third of the cheese and half of the canadian bacon [ham]. Repeat. Top layer should be pototoes, cheese, salt and pepper. Pour the chicken broth all over.

3. Cover the gratin with foil and bake for 15 minutes. Remove the foil and continue baking until the potatoes are tender and the top is golden brown, about 30 minutes longer. Let stand 2-3 minutes before cutting.

When I was growing up, Mom would always make a dish she called Ham Goldenrod. I do have her actual recipe, but since it contains the dreaded cream of mushroom soup, I now sometimes do a variation. Basically, chopped up ham, make a basic white sauce and add sauteed mushrooms, the chopped ham, and some sliced hard boiled eggs. Serve over noodles. Other folks have told me it's an odd combination of things, but since it was a comfort food of my youth, it soothes me.

I just finished grinding my leftover ham! I have a grinder attachment for my Kitchen Aid mixer. My mom uses her food processor to mince it up.

Then I throw it a ziploc bag & put it in the freezer, & when I want to make ham salad sandwiches I pull it out, defrost what I need, put it back in the freezer until the next craving hits. The ground ham is also great to put into an omelet or any other egg dish.

Sometimes I save some slices to freeze to make scalloped potatoes at a later date. I love ham because it's one of the few leftover meats that you can freeze successfully.
    Sue

I'm here with my best friend... my fork!! ~ Paula Deen

If you always keep your head up, you'll never find that lucky penny on the sidewalk.

My favorite (again childhood comfort food) is ham spread, which might be the same as deviled ham, I'm not sure. I do it without pickles, just ham, onion, mayo, best on finger rolls . Don't really know why it's so yummy, but it is!

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaAS View Post
    My favorite (again childhood comfort food) is ham spread, which might be the same as deviled ham, I'm not sure. I do it without pickles, just ham, onion, mayo, best on finger rolls . Don't really know why it's so yummy, but it is!
    That's what I call ham salad (or as my kids call it, mooshy ham). Know what's really good in it? A spoonful of vidalia onion relish!! Yum!!!
    Sue

I'm here with my best friend... my fork!! ~ Paula Deen

If you always keep your head up, you'll never find that lucky penny on the sidewalk.

This is our favorite casserole for leftover ham. We're having it tonight.

Cooking Light
    Asparagus-and-Ham Casserole

Because of the delicate flavors in this dish, we preferred using a mild baked ham to a smoked one.

1 (1-ounce) slice white bread
    3 3/4 cups uncooked extra-broad egg noodles
    2 1/2 cups (1 1/2-inch) sliced asparagus
    1/4 cup all-purpose flour
    1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/8 teaspoon black pepper
    1 cup whole milk
    1 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
    1 tablespoon butter
    3/4 cup finely chopped onion
    1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
    1 1/2 cups (1/2-inch) cubed ham (about 8 ounces)
    1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
    2 tablespoons grated fresh Parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 450°.
    Place bread in a food processor, and pulse 10 times or until coarse crumbs form to measure 1/2 cup.

Cook pasta in boiling water 7 minutes, omitting salt and fat. Add asparagus; cook 1 minute. Drain.

Lightly spoon the flour into a dry measuring cup, and level with a knife. Place flour, thyme, salt, and pepper in medium bowl; gradually add milk and broth, stirring with a whisk until well-blended. Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion; saute 4 minutes. Add milk mixture; cook until thick (about 4 minutes), stirring constantly. Remove from heat, and stir in juice. Combine the pasta mixture, milk mixture, ham, and parsley in large bowl; spoon into a 2-quart casserole. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and cheese.

Bake at 450° for 10 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden.

Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 cup)

CALORIES 250 (26% from fat); FAT 7.1g (sat 3.4g,mono 2.4g,poly 0.7g); PROTEIN 16g; CHOLESTEROL 52mg; CALCIUM 114mg; SODIUM 835mg; FIBER 2.7g; IRON 2.6mg; CARBOHYDRATE 30.9g

Cooking Light, MAY 2001

Frittata?
    Toss with cooked rotini, peas, and chunks of mozzarella cheese for a cold salad?
    Add to macaroni & cheese with peas?
    CL also has a recipe for ham & cheese scones

(And my version of sandwiches with it is ground up, with mayonnaise & relish)

Susan
    http://5recipes.blogspot.com

I make a lot of quiches (frittatas for me when I don't want the crust, but DH and DDs always do) with ham, broccoli, and a little cheddar or swiss.

Also, ham is great in soup. I make a regular bean soup and then toss in some ham. Or there's this recipe:

Spring Chowder
    CL 1997

1 tablespoon margarine
    4 cups thinly sliced Vidalia or other sweet onion
    1 cup chopped carrot
    1 cup sliced celery
    1 cup chopped extra-lean ham
    3 cups chopped red potato (about 1 1/4 pounds)
    1 (10 1/2-ounce) can low-salt chicken broth
    1/4 cup all-purpose flour
    2 cups 2% low-fat milk
    1/4 cup chopped fresh sage
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
    1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
    1/2 cup dry white wine
    Sage sprigs (optional)

Melt margarine in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion, carrot, celery, and ham; sauté 10 minutes. Add potato and broth; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 45 minutes or until potato is tender.
    Place flour in a bowl. Gradually add milk, stirring with a whisk until blended. Add milk mixture, sage, salt, pepper, and nutmeg to soup; cook over medium-low heat 2 minutes. Add wine; cook 10 minutes or until thick. Garnish with sage, if desired.

Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 1 cup)

NUTRITION PER SERVING
    CALORIES 179(21% from fat); FAT 4.2g (sat 1.5g,mono 1.6g,poly 0.7g); PROTEIN 9g; CHOLESTEROL 14mg; CALCIUM 121mg; SODIUM 444mg; FIBER 3.2g; IRON 1.8mg; CARBOHYDRATE 27.1g

11. My mom used to make Scalloped Potatotes and Ham. Cooking Light has a variation that includes beans that I enjoy:

Potato Gratin with Haricots Verts and Ham

Recipe By : Cooking Light April 2002

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
    -------- ------------ --------------------------------
    3 cups skim milk
    2 pounds small red potatoes
    2 cloves garlic
    2 whole bay leaf
    4 ounces green beans
    1/2 cup ham
    4 ounces gruyere cheese -- shredded
    1/2 teaspoon salkt
    1/4 teaspoon black pepper
    1/8 teaspoon nutmeg

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
    2. Combine first 4 ingrediants in a large saucepan over medium heat; bring
    to boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; simmer 10 minutes, stirring
    frequently. Drain potatoes in a collander over a bowl, reserving 1 cup
    milk mixture. Discard bay leaves.
    3. Cook beans in boiling water for 2 minutes or until tender-crisp. Rinse
    in cold water; drain.
    4. Arrange 1/2 potatoes in bottom of 13x9 baking dish. Arrange beans and
    ham over potatoes. Sprinkle with 1/2 cheese, salt, and pepper. Top with
    remaining potatoes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese, salkt and pepper.
    String nutmeg into reserved milk and pour over potatoes.
    5. Cover with foil; cut vets. Bake at 400 for 20 minutes. Uncover and
    bake and additional 20 minutes or until chees begins to brown. Let stand
    10 minutes before serving.
    Foodie Pam
    Tired of losing of recipes? Try Project Foodie.

I haven't tried them yet but these are the two recipes I'll be using for my leftover ham.

Ham, Spinach, and Sun-Dried Tomato Calzones

Refrigerated pizza dough makes this easy to put together. Spoon warmed bottled marinara sauce over the calzones before serving, or serve sauce on the side.

1 cup part-skim ricotta
    3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
    1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated Parmesan cheese
    1 teaspoon dried basil
    1/2 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
    1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
    3 ounces lean ham, chopped
    6 oil-packed sun-dried tomato halves, drained and chopped
    1 (13.8-ounce) can refrigerated pizza crust dough
    Cooking spray

Preheat oven to 450°.
    Combine first 9 ingredients.

Divide dough evenly into 5 pieces; pat each dough piece into a 5-inch circle. Spoon about 1/2 cup spinach mixture onto half of each circle, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Fold dough over filling until edges almost meet. Bring bottom edge over top edge; crimp edges of dough with fingers to form a rim. Place calzones on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 450° for 14 minutes or until browned.

Yield: 5 servings (serving size: 1 calzone)

NUTRITION PER SERVING
    CALORIES 356(32% from fat); FAT 12.5g (sat 5.6g,mono 4g,poly 1.5g); PROTEIN 25.2g; CHOLESTEROL 37mg; CALCIUM 497mg; SODIUM 967mg; FIBER 3.2g; IRON 3.6mg; CARBOHYDRATE 44.3g

Cooking Light, JANUARY 2005

Ham, Collard Greens, and Egg Noodle Bowl

To speed up the preparation of this Southern-style noodle bowl, cook the pasta and broth mixture at the same time. Spice it up with hot pepper sauce, if you wish, and serve it with corn bread.

3 1/3 cups uncooked wide egg noodles (about 6 ounces)
    1 tablespoon butter
    2 cups diced reduced-sodium smoked ham (about 11 ounces)
    1 cup chopped onion
    1/2 cup chopped carrot
    1/2 cup chopped celery
    1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
    1 teaspoon dried oregano
    1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
    3 garlic cloves, minced
    4 cups sliced collard greens, stems removed
    2 tablespoons cider vinegar
    3 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
    1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Cook noodles according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain.
    Melt butter in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add smoked ham; cook 8 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring frequently. Add chopped onion and next 6 ingredients (through garlic); cook 5 minutes or until vegetables are just tender, stirring frequently. Add collard greens; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in vinegar; cook 1 minute. Stir in chicken broth; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 12 minutes. Stir in the egg noodles and black pepper, and cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated.

Yield: 6 servings (serving size: about 1 1/4 cups)

NUTRITION PER SERVING
    CALORIES 270(29% from fat); FAT 8.8g (sat 2.8g,mono 2.3g,poly 3g); PROTEIN 18.8g; CHOLESTEROL 76mg; CALCIUM 76mg; SODIUM 999mg; FIBER 3.5g; IRON 2.1mg; CARBOHYDRATE 29.4g

David Bonom
    Cooking Light, MARCH 2005

I typically freeze most of our leftover ham, but I may have to re-think that with some of these good recipes posted here.
    Sherri

Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.

I saw this recipe this morning and put it in MC to try. I have been using hash browns in several dishes and find them easy and tasty.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Hash brown potato quicke

Recipe By :
    Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
    Categories :

3 tablespoons butter -- melted
    1 cup chopped cooked ham
    1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
    1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
    3 large eggs
    1/2 cup milk
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    3 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed

1. Preheat the oven to 425F.
    2. Press the potatoes between paper towels to remove excess moisture. Press onto the bottom and the side of an 8-inch pie plate. Drizzle with the butter. Bake for 25 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 350F.
    3. Combine the ham, Cheddar and bell pepper in a medium bowl and mix well. Spoon into the hash brown crust. Beat the eggs in a small bowl. Add the milk, salt and black pepper and mix well. Pour the egg mixture over the ham mixture. Bake the quiche until set, 25 to 30 minutes.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 1068 Calories; 91g Fat (76.5% calories from fat); 52g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 864mg Cholesterol; 2389mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 6 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Non-Fat Milk; 14 Fat.

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

We're planning on making split-pea soup (we usually use a recipe from How to Cook Everything). I may have to try that calzone recipe, now, too.

We'll freeze some and use later in baked beans, quiche, omelets, etc.

That's the one drawback to not hosting a holiday: I miss all the fun leftovers!

One of my favorite uses for leftover ham is Rachael Ray's ham salad recipe (called Miss Leslie's DEEELICIOUS Ham Salad). Great stuff.

Just got back from the grocery store and the hams are seriously marked down - just got a huge one for $5!
    Visit my website (mostly cooking, with life thrown in for good measure):
    http://www.sweetnicks.com

One of my favorites - from CL Jan/Feb 2002:

Lentil Stew with Ham and Greens

1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
    1 cup chopped onion
    3 garlic cloves, minced
    5 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
    1 cup dried lentils
    1/2 cup chopped carrot
    2 bay leaves
    3 cups chopped Swiss chard, collard greens, or spinach
    1 1/2 cups chopped baking potato
    1 cup chopped smoked ham
    1 can (14.5-ounce) diced tomatoes, drained
    1 teaspoon dried basil
    1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
    1/2 teaspoon black pepper
    3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley

Directions:

One of the best things about this supper--besides its great flavor--is that it can be ready in less than an hour, start to finish.

1. Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; saute 5 minutes. Add broth, lentils, carrot, and bay leaves; bring to a boil. Partially cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes. Add Swiss chard, potato, and ham; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 15 minutes or until potato is tender. Stir in tomatoes, basil, thyme, and pepper; simmer 10 minutes. Discard bay leaves. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 5 servings (serving size: about 1-1/2 cups).

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 186 Calories; 5g Fat (21.2% calories from fat); 11g Protein; 27g Carbohydrate; 13g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 11mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1 Fat.

Ham Loaf? Stuffed Ham Loaf?

Thumbs up

Canadian Bacon, Potato, and Swiss-Chard Gratin from Food & Wine Quick from Scratch One-Dish Meals

Hey Doreen,
    I made this tonight with my leftover Ham and it was wonderful.
    I used fresh spinach instead of the chard simply because I had a bunch of it leftover from Easter.
    Thanks so much as we all really enjoyed this very simple but flavorful dish.
    YUM!
    Paula
    Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves.

- Phillipians 2

Ham and Asparagus Casserole (uses left over Easter eggs)

1 pound fresh asparagus, 1/2-inch cuts (frozen can be used)
    4 hard-cooked eggs, peeled and chopped
    1 cup cubed cooked ham
    2 tablespoons tapioca
    1/4 cup grated American cheese
    2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
    2 tablespoons chopped onion
    1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
    1 tablespoon lemon juice
    1/2 cup half-and-half cream or evaporated milk
    1 cup cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
    TOPPING:
    1 cup soft bread crumbs
    2 tablespoons butter, melted

On stovetop or in a microwave oven, blanch asparagus cuts in covered dish for 3 minutes; drain thoroughly. In a 2-1/2-qt. baking dish, combine asparagus, eggs and ham; sprinkle tapioca evenly over all. Add the cheese, green pepper, onion and parsley; mix gently. In a small bowl, blend the lemon juice, cream and soup; add to casserole and mix thoroughly. Mix topping ingredients; sprinkle over top of casserole. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes. Let stand a few minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.

Thanks for all of the great ideas! The only problem I will have is going to the grocery store to buy another ham! They all sound good and I will have to decide. I am leaning towards the swiss chard gratin...I really like swiss chard. what a wonderful sharing board this is! thanks again

Pam

DmOrtega Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by browneye View Post

Hey Doreen,
    I made this tonight with my leftover Ham and it was wonderful.
    I used fresh spinach instead of the chard simply because I had a bunch of it leftover from Easter.
    Thanks so much as we all really enjoyed this very simple but flavorful dish.
    YUM!
    Paula
    Glad you liked it, we do. I'm all for simple cooking and this recipe never fails to impress us in flavor. I wanted to add that any type of chopped and cooked greens works fine in this recipe. So, don't be shy and try different greens... they are all good.

Last night I made HealthyinMN's (AKA Joe of Culinary in the Country) Creamy Asparagus Pasta. This was a nice meal to serve with leftover ham also. It was simple to put together. I found it on the sweet side, probably from the mustard and tarragon, but after adding the parmesan cheese and chopped ham... I was impressed. It was really good and a good use for the leftover ham and asparagus. I'm adding this to my "special file of favorite recipes". Thanks Joe.

After looking at all these yummy recipes for ham, I'm wishing I'd made one for Easter! I guess I'll just have to buy a ham and cook it up and then try a few of these!
    barbara-cook

Slice it thick, heat it up on the grill with some grilled pineapple. Puts a nice neew twist on the left overs. Enjoy - Debbie

Viva e lascia vivere - - - Live and Let Live

I'll second how tasty the CL Potato Gratin with Haricots Verts and Ham is - healthier version of standard scalloped potatoes and ham.

I have a pot of CL's 10/02 Mexian Ham and Bean Soup on the stove now for dinner tonight. DS requested it, and we serve with corn bread.

Here is it.

Mexican Ham and Bean Soup
    A perfectly sweet partner for this filling soup is our molasses bread.

1 pound dried pinto beans
    8 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
    2 cups chopped onion
    2 cups water
    1 1/2 cups cubed smoked ham steak (about 8 ounces) - I use likely 3 cups
    1 tablespoon chili powder
    2 teaspoons ground cumin
    2 teaspoons dried oregano
    3 bay leaves
    3 garlic cloves, crushed
    1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
    1 chipotle chile (or dried ancho or pasilla chile)
    1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Manchego cheese or Monterey Jack cheese
    1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro

Sort and wash beans; place in a large Dutch oven. Cover with water to 2 inches above beans; bring to a boil. Cook 2 minutes; remove from heat. Cover and let stand 1 hour. Drain.

Combine beans, broth, and next 8 ingredients (broth through garlic) in a Dutch oven; bring to a boil. Partially cover; reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer 1 1/2 hours or until beans are tender.

Stir in tomatoes and chile; simmer 30 minutes. Discard bay leaves and chile. Ladle soup into 8 bowls. Top with cheese; sprinkle with cilantro.

Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 1 1/2 cups soup, 1 tablespoon cheese, and 1 tablespoon cilantro)

NUTRITION PER SERVING
    CALORIES 303(12% from fat); FAT 4.2g (sat 1.8g,mono 1.3g,poly 0.5g); PROTEIN 20.3g; CHOLESTEROL 22mg; CALCIUM 153mg; SODIUM 958mg; FIBER 16.1g; IRON 4.3mg; CARBOHYDRATE 46.8g

Quote Originally Posted by madpots View Post

Hash brown potato quiche
    I made this for lunch today for DH and DS#2 who are building fence (lots and lots of fence). The only changes I made were eliminated the bell pepper(didn't have any), used half Gruyere for the cheese(had some left from Sunday), and added 1 1/2 tsp dry mustard (we always have mustard with ham). It was delicious and DS had a second helping! Thanks for sharing!
    Well-behaved women seldom make history!

my mom always would use leftover ham as an addition to her macaroni and cheese. you can add it to any recipe, i'm sure - i'd just omit whatever salt the recipe calls for since the ham likely will add some saltiness.

enjoy!

dmortega -- thanks for posting that link to Joe's blog and the recipe for Creamy Asparagus Pasta -- that was our dinner tonite -- adding leftover ham!

DH said he could do without the lemon, whereas I liked the lemony flavor. But this is our usual division.

I also used the Barilla multi-grain penne, but didn't tell DH, so he wouldn't pitch a fit. Not a peep!

I'm not convinced that the Barilla is as healthy as true ww pasta, but its a big first step for him! And its a step away from the totally refined white pasta.

DmOrtega Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by doggerham View Post
    dmortega -- thanks for posting that link to Joe's blog and the recipe for Creamy Asparagus Pasta -- that was our dinner tonite -- adding leftover ham!

DH said he could do without the lemon, whereas I liked the lemony flavor. But this is our usual division.

We had leftover asparagus sauce so my dh and I finished it last night, no ham this time. We had a side of leaf lettuce, carrot sticks, and sliced tomatoes, drizzled with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. The flavor really complimented the pasta. Add a glass of merlot wine and garlic bread. Yummy! This is a good recipe.

We look forward to this recipe all the time:

* Exported from MasterCook *

HAM , BEAN AND CURRIED RICE CASSEROLE

Recipe By :
    Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:15
    Categories : Casseroles Pork
    Rice Vegetables

2 Cans Green Beans -- Drained/Reserve
    2 Cups Liquid (Bean Water/Boullion)
    1 Green Onion -- Chopped
    1/2 Pound Ham -- Strips
    Margarine
    2 Tablespoons Corn Starch (or less)
    Pepper -- Freshly Ground
    2 Teaspoons Bouillon Crystals
    CURRIED RICE
    1 Cup White Rice
    1 Teaspoon Butter
    2 Cups Water
    2 Teaspoons Curry Powder (or as desired)
    Salt

Saute ham and onion. Add cornstarch and reserved liquid from green beans. Add about 2 teaspoons bouillon crystals and canned green beans (drained). Simmer a few minutes.

Curried Rice:
    Combine all ingredients in Rice Cooker and cook until done.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 283 Calories; 7g Fat (23.7% calories from fat); 13g Protein; 39g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 35mg Cholesterol; 764mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat.

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    Curleytop