Community Message Boards

Thread: Any recipes using PB2 powdered peanut butter?

Any recipes using PB2 powdered peanut butter?

I thought I saw a thread on this message board using the PB2 powdered peanut butter. I got my order of this product from Bell Plantation but now I can't find the thread. I tried using the search function but nothing came up.

I would appreciate any help you might be able to offer.

Thank you.

Joe

Pictures and recipes of our Cooking and Baking!
    http://desertculinary.blogspot.com/

Strength is the capacity to break a chocolate bar into four pieces with your bare hands - and then eat just one of the pieces. ~Judith Viorst

Here is a recipe for cookies using PB2... I havent tried it yet .

Ingredients
    1 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
    1/2 tsp Baking Powder
    1/2 tsp Salt
    1 1/2 cups Quick Oats
    12 Tbsp PB2
    6 Tbsp Water
    3/4 cup Splenda Brown Sugar Mix
    1/4 cup Sugar
    1/2 cup Land-O-Lakes Light Stick Butter
    1/4 cup Fat Free Egg Substitute
    1 tsp Vanilla
    1/3 cup Skim Milk

Difficulty: Low
    Vegetarian: No
    No. of Servings: 24
    Cooking Time: 30 (minutes)
    Hits: 660
    Rating: No votes
    Date added;: 04.06.2007
    Author: admin

Instructions Mix PB2 with water. Set aside. Mix all dry ingredients together in mixing bowl. Cream butter, prepared PB2 and sugars in another bowl until light. Add the remaining liquid ingredients and mix well. Stir in all dry ingredients until well blended. Spread in 9 x 13 pan sprayed with non-stick cooking spray and bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes or until tests done. Cool and prepare frosting. Topping: 3 Tbsp PB2 mixed with 4 tsp water. 1 1/2 Tbsp Land-O-Lakes Light stick butter 2/3 cup powdered sugar 1 Tbsp skim milk Melt butter in microwave and blend in remaining ingredients. Spread on top of cake and divide into 24 bars. This recipe was adapted from one in cooking Light Magazine.

Thank you both for your replies.
    The cookie recipe looks like one I will have to try.

I was wondering how you found the thread that I could not locate?

Thanks for posting this. I spent $22.00 on 4 (the only way you can buy it is packs of 4) and I do not like it at all. The texture is off. I thought I'd mention this in case others are interested in this products. While a lot of people love it, it still doesn't come close to peanut butter in my opinion. It tastes good and will probably work very well in baking, but the texture is just strange (to me, at least)....so keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by annagins View Post
    Thanks for posting this. I spent $22.00 on 4 (the only way you can buy it is packs of 4) and I do not like it at all. The texture is off. I thought I'd mention this in case others are interested in this products. While a lot of people love it, it still doesn't come close to peanut butter in my opinion. It tastes good and will probably work very well in baking, but the texture is just strange (to me, at least)....so keep that in mind.
    I love this stuff, but I have been known to like some strange things. It took me several tries to finally get the right amount of water to powder. On The Hungry Girl website she gives several recipes using PB2. One is to take a can of pumpkin mixed with a box of brownie mix topped with two tablespoons of
    PB2 and baked.

I have to say that I am not impressed with it as far as eating it as a spread on toast.

I do think it has possibilities as a flavoring for baking, smoothies and pudding type recipes.

Thanks for the tip about Hungry Girl recipes using PB2 I will check it out.

I have 4 jars of the stuff and need to figure out what I am going to do with it!

Quote Originally Posted by Burnadette View Post
    I have 4 jars of the stuff and need to figure out what I am going to do with it!
    Yeah, that's pretty much my situation. I love that the company is trying to make a lower alternative to peanut butter, but the powdered stuff is just not the same. I tested it on some 5 year olds and both of them, both of whom love peanut butter, thought it was horrible -- though they did have fun mixing in the water.

I'm glad that other people enjoy it. I wish I did because it's a good protein source.

A few people on a yahoo message board said adding peanut oil helped, but it kind of defeats the purpose when you have to go add extra oil to it .

What is the purpose of powdered peanut butter? Please enlighten me. Someone must have had something in mind when they invented it.
    I'm a backpacker so I was thinking of it as maybe saving weight but that's not an issue for most shoppers.
    "If the world were a logical place, men would ride side saddle." Rita Mae Brown

It would be great for back packing (one of the reasons I bought it, not that you can't use regular PB, but I can just put the powder in a zip lock bag) You just mix with water and you have a lower fat/calorie version of PB. The oils have been pressed out to make it lower in fat (I think it's 2 grams of fat per 2 TBLS) I love it, but I can see some don't, so I guess it's just a matter of personal taste
    Cook free or die -- Anthony Bourdain

Actually the biggest issue with backpacking and peanut butter is that the oil will leak out of any container given changes in temp & pressure. (the only kind I like is natural style peanut butter) so PB needs to be in a screw top container & double bagged besides. Powdered might have a place, depending on taste. I'll watch for it so maybe I can give it a try. Backpacking is not really a place to go to extremes to cut calories so it would need to be pretty comparable to reg PB .
    "If the world were a logical place, men would ride side saddle." Rita Mae Brown