Community Message Boards

Thread: Is Paul Newman's Southwestern Salad Dressing sold in grocery stores?

Is Paul Newman's Southwestern Salad Dressing sold in grocery stores?

This is the dressing that comes with the Southwestern Salad at McDonald's and it is so good. I have looked for it in 3 different grocery stores here but no luck so far. Has anyone seen it on their grocery store shelves?

TIA
    Michelle

I make a decent version of it by mixing a tsp. of taco seasoning with 1 tbsp. light mayo. I liked the Paul Newman one, too, but couldn't find it, so I made this up. You could probably use light ranch instead of mayo...it was just what I had on hand at the time.
    ~angela~
    sophleniko

"I donít like gourmet cooking or 'this' cooking or 'that' cooking. I like good cooking."
    ó James Beard

I found this on the website:

Q. Tell me more about the Newman's Own partnership with McDonald's.

As of March 2003, McDonald's has been featuring Newman's Own all-natural salad dressings served with McDonald's new Premium Salads in restaurants nationwide - Creamy Caesar, California Cobb, Ranch, Lighten Up Low Fat Balsamic Vinaigrette, and French (available in select markets). As the exclusive provider of salad dressings to McDonald's, this alliance allows Newman's Own to reach a much broader audience, attract new consumers and increase Paul Newman's donations to charity.

Newman's Own Salad Dressings offered at McDonald's restaurants, as accompaniment to their salads, are restaurant formulations that are refrigerated to preserve their freshness. McDonald's is the only national Quick Serve Restaurant that offers an all-natural salad dressing.

These products are only available at McDonald's and are not offered for sale in retail outlets, though several similar flavors can be found at grocery stores including Ranch, Lighten Up Balsamic Vinaigrette and Creamy Caesar.

AND

Q. Can I find the McDonald's salad dressings at the grocery store?

We're pleased to know that you've been enjoying our salad dressings at McDonald's. The five dressings we sell at McDonald's, Creamy Caesar, California Cobb, Ranch, Lighten Up Low Fat Balsamic Vinaigrette, and French (available in select markets), have been specially formulated for our partnership with McDonald's and these versions may only be purchased at a McDonald's restaurant.

Bottled versions of Ranch, Lighten Up Balsamic Vinaigrette and Creamy Caesar are available at grocery stores. These products differ slightly from those in McDonald's because they are shelf stable, whereas the dressings in McDonald's are refrigerated.
    Life finds a way to amaze and amuse me everyday.

I guess I am out of luck!

Spelimom: I have never made my own taco salad dressing so thank you for that tip.

Cumulus: thanks for hunting down that info...I will just have to enjoy this dressing at McDonald's instead. It is so good!
    Michelle

I like Paul Newman's french dressing---I wish I could buy it!

A company whose name escapes me at the mo has a chipotle taco sauce (smooth type) that I add to lf ranch dressing for a southwestern dressing.
    *Susan*

"One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries."

A.A. Milne

7. I have to put in a plug for Newman's Italian Dressing. Most "Italian" dressings use substandard oil, have reconstituted red bits floating in them, and tastes like a sugary, vinegary mess.

Newmans has good oil, and it is chock FULL of romano cheese. That's different. And good. Just shake it before you use it.

I've pretty much given up on lite and fat free (yech!) dressings. Good dressing in moderation (you don't need much Newman's Italian) is the way to go for me.

His Lite Balsamic Vinaigrette is yummy, too.

I agree, the balsamic vinaigrette is very good. My DH and I both really like Newmanís dressings.

Paul Newman's Creamy french

I found a site that you can buy the individual packets that are sold at McDonalds. It is http://www.minimus.biz I just ordered some and hopefully it is what I want because I got 43 of them so that the shipping was free!

you can buy it

You can purchase Newman's Own Southwestern Salad Dressing online from them. On their site at the bottom is a link called 'stuff for sale' you will find it there or try this link.

http://newmansown.promoshop.com/prod...d=41&id=172780

they sell it as a 3 pack, of 16oz bottles for $15.50 including shipping

Quote Originally Posted by jshine21 View Post
    I found a site that you can buy the individual packets that are sold at McDonalds. It is http://www.minimus.biz I just ordered some and hopefully it is what I want because I got 43 of them so that the shipping was free!
    That's a cool website! I didn't see Paul Newman's Southwestern dressing, though. I saw other varieties, but not that one. Did you get SW dressing?

I believe I bought a bottle of this at my store a few months ago. Has anyone else been able to find it?

I bought a bottle at a store we have here on the west coast called "grocery outlet".

It's pretty good stuff!
    Write your hurts in sand, carve your blessings in stone.

Newman's Own Dressing Packets

Hi all, I just found your thread.

Regarding the mention of the Newman's Own dressings at my company (www.minimus.biz), the previous poster who copied information from the Newman's website is correct, only the restaurant has those specific dressings.

The dressing packets we have available are the shelf-stable versions that require no refrigeration, so they are slightly different (but still tasty!). They are the formulas that you would find in the grocery store, but in convenient travel size packets that are great for dining out.

I bought it because of all the talk about this dressing and I hate it Just don't like the flavor on salad anyway. Can I use it for anything other than dressing a salad?

I feel like it would be yummy on tacos or something similar. Maybe you'd like it better as a veggie dip, rather than on greens?

Re:

Oh yeah, the Balsamic Vinaigrette is great..

Quote Originally Posted by Leonard View Post
    I bought it because of all the talk about this dressing and I hate it Just don't like the flavor on salad anyway. Can I use it for anything other than dressing a salad?
    I don't like it on my salad either.

I'm going to try it as a marinade for chicken breasts, and them grill them.
    Write your hurts in sand, carve your blessings in stone.

Hi, I also love PN's Southwestern Dressing. To make my own version, I use 1/2 cup oil, 1/4 cup red wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar (Your choice to taste) and a half packet of taco seasoning ( again, use as much or as little as you like) Hope you like it!