Community Message Boards

Thread: Supper Club in Boston?

I am interested in supper club. How do we do it?

I have never done anything like this, but I interested in giving it a try.

Cool Supper Club in Boston?

Is anyone interested in a Supper Club in Boston?

Thumbs up

Please count me in. I live right over the river (Cambridge) and would love to get started. My mother used to meet for a cooking group every other month and created some of her best dishes that way.

Thumbs up

I think it would be fun. Are we talking Boston proper or surrounding towns, too? I'm one town to the south.

I am definitely interested. Are you right in Downtown Boston. I am north in Tewksbury.
    Originally posted by lcampisi:

Thumbs up

I'm game. I work in Boston, but live on the South Shore. Are we all geographically compatible, either for the actual supper club or an introductory dinner?

Smile

I would be very interested in a supper club in the Boston area.

I too am definitely interested in joining/starting a supper club. I live in Allston. Please feel free to contact me via email I would love to be involved in organizing with someone. Thanks

Exclamation

Okay, here we all are and we're all interested. Who would like to organize? I'll start with some important info --

Home: Quincy, T accessible
    Work: Waltham, NOT T accessible

I suggest that we round up our e-mail addresses and continue this discussion that way...I'd rather not broadcast other info (like addresses and phone numbers) to the world on this bulletin board.

I'm straight out schedule-wise until July 6. Anyone want to try to put something together after that?? We'd all be very grateful!

Julie

Originally posted by cindynix:
    I too am definitely interested in joining/starting a supper club. I live in Allston. Please feel free to contact me via email I would love to be involved in organizing with someone. Thanks

I am also interested in joining a club. I live in Newton and work in Waltham/Burlington. Please keep me posted, as I would love to participate!!

Thanks!

Cool

Sounds like fun! I live in Quincy, and would love to join the party!

I'm also interested in a Boston supper club. I work in Boston and live in Wakefield. Please keep me posted!

Thanks

Exclamation

I've put together a list of everyone's email address, and can get us started. lcampisi and carlaf -- you don't have email addresses on the bulletin board. Would you email them to me and I'll distribute them to everyone else?

I would love to join a supper club. Lets do it! Please contact me and let me know the details, or how I can help. I live in Boston.

Originally posted by JS:
    I would love to join a supper club. Lets do it! Please contact me and let me know the details, or how I can help. I live in Boston.

Exclamation

I would be more than happy to coordinate the supper club for Boston. I have some experience in the start of another supper club for Boston as well, which due to meeting schedules, I was not able to attend. I think it seems that groups of 8-9 people work best. Because the supper club usually rotates through every one's place and because you would have to coordinate meeting times that work for all member of the group-- it's best to work with a manageable size. It also worked well to meet in a restaurant of mutual choosing for the first meeting. If someone would send me an email listing of everyone's name, I would be more than happy to get this going!

Talking

I'd love to participate. I just moved to the area, I live in Cambridge and work downtown. Please count me in!

I am very interested in organizing a supper club. Please count me in on any correspondence.

I live in Quincy.

Originally posted by lcampisi:
    I'm interested in the starting the Supper Club too. I live just south of Boston. Weekends are best time for this activity as I work Monday thru Friday. Please keep me posted on progress or if I can assist. Looking forward to this "culinary adventure".

Thumbs up

I, too, am interested in participating in a Boston Supper Club! I live in Allston. I am a new subscriber and think this is a fantastic idea!

Red face

We now have 20 members. I'm going to open a topic for a Boston Supper Club 2. Anyone who is responding after me, please post your message there for a second group. The response has been great!

I am definitely interested. Please count me in! I live in Beacon Hill and work in Cambridge. Let me know what I can do to help facilitate this.