Community Message Boards

Thread: Hell's Kitchen 7/23 (spoilers!)

Hell's Kitchen 7/23 (spoilers!)

did anyone watch last night? i thought it was REALLY great that he is going to put julia through culinary school. i loved it when something that she did on the show got more recognition that the other chefs, because i know it's easy to look down on someone without "proper" culinary education. the comment that someone made about how her grilled cheeses wouldn't have been a hit at hell's kitchen was kind of off point - she knew the audience that she was cooking for, and made something that a crowd of high schoolers would want to eat. i don't think she would have made THAT dish in hell's kitchen for fancy dinner service.

I was sad about Julia's departure, but happy for her great opportunity. She was the only one that seemed to think about who they were cooking for in the challenge. For the most part, what high school kid doesn't like buttery Texas toast with lots of melted "regular" cheese?

What was Bonnie thinking with goat cheese?! I would have loved it in high school, but I was considered a strange eater among my friends.

i have been rooting for julia since the beginning - and i felt like it was a good solution at the end. i am not convinced she was ready to run a restaurant, but i thought she was consistently quite good. ramsey was very sweet to her and i am totally rooting for her to succeed in the future!

and on a side note - if i see bonnie cry one more time, i might cry!
    - Josie

Quote Originally Posted by avariell View Post
    i have been rooting for julia since the beginning - and i felt like it was a good solution at the end. i am not convinced she was ready to run a restaurant, but i thought she was consistently quite good. ramsey was very sweet to her and i am totally rooting for her to succeed in the future!
    i totally agree! do you guys think that she'll actually come back in a future season and "win this thing hands down" like he said?

I was rooting for Julia too.

I think Bonnie is gone next week and Rock is going to win. I absolutely HATE Rock and don't care to much for Jen. I'm totally disappointed this season.
    Stay-at-home mom scratch cooking for a child with a severe peanut and mustard allergy.

Quote Originally Posted by SheRa View Post
    i totally agree! do you guys think that she'll actually come back in a future season and "win this thing hands down" like he said?
    i think a better solution would be to give her a high paying job in one of his established restaurants

i wouldn't be surprised if she shows up in the future- i guess it just depends on how many more seasons there will be. personally, i hope the show keeps coming.

jalapeno - i tend to agree with you now that julia is gone. i don't have anyone i am really pulling for... although rock makes it really hard to like him, so i will probably root for jen (i also assume bonnie will go home this week).
    - Josie

I'm just glad he finally got rid of that back-stabbing hair pile, Melissa!!

I was also rooting for Julia and was floored when GR said he's going to put her through school. That says absolute volumes about both of them...and did you see the look on Rock's face??? Jealous!!

I'm tired of Bonnie and her tears, sick of Rock and his attitude, had enough of wimpy Jen. None of them deserves to win, but right now I'd have to bet on Rock. Bonnie would never be able to handle running a restaurant, Jen would be able to if she could just decide to step up and stay there. Rock would be able to do it, but I can see him having lots of unhappy employees.
    Just another Susan

"Peggy, here I am tryin' to contain an outbreak, and you're drivin' the monkey to the airport!" Hank Hill

www.thebreastcancersite.com Click here to fund free mammograms!

i still think about jen pulling spaghetti out of the garbage can and rinsing it off whenever i see her. eew.

I was really touched when he offered to pay for her culinary school and gave her a hug and kiss. I'm glad, especially after everyone treated her so horribly in the beginning, not even speaking to her. Ridiculous.

I think if Rock can keep his cool, it's his to win. I just don't think Bonnie has enough experience. Jen doesn't do anything for me; she just seems so wishy-washy.

I wish they would have talked to Heather for a few more minutes - it was great to see her. They need to do a reunion show with everyone from the last 2 seasons to see what everyone's been up to.
    Visit my website (mostly cooking, with life thrown in for good measure):
    http://www.sweetnicks.com

Rock and Jen were acting very childish during this past episode. They should really be ashamed of themselves. Rock has a tendency to flip out over little things. I don't think he should win. I don't think Bonnie should win either. I'm not a big fan of Jen, but she is the person I'd like to see win.

Julia hung in there and ended up with some rewarding victories. As a viewer, I was proud of her and what she accomplished. I was very happy to see Ramsey offer her a culinary education. I hope she enjoys it and excels in it.

Well I guess it could be worse....Aaron could have be in the final 3
    Stay-at-home mom scratch cooking for a child with a severe peanut and mustard allergy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jalapeno View Post
    Well I guess it could be worse....Aaron could have be in the final 3
    LOL - I think Gordon would have put HIS jacket on the hook and gone down that long hallway if that happened. I've never seen a 50-year-old cry so much!
    Visit my website (mostly cooking, with life thrown in for good measure):
    http://www.sweetnicks.com

I totally loved this past episode! I thought she deserved his high opinion, she fought her way through the entire show to this end.

I have such respect for Chef Ramsey for this thoughtful touch to the end of the road for Julia. I hope she does come back and kicks everyones a$$. She was such a fighter! I loved her resilience. You go, Julia!

At this point I don't care who win.

I finally watched this episode last night. I loved Gordon's decision for Julia. Not only do I think it's great for Julia, but I am also glad that they've been letting the "real" GR come out of the box to play for awhile. I've watched his show on BBC and he just seems so much more friendly, and genuinely concerned about people. HK makes him seem so awful.

I'm rooting for Jen, only because I can't stand the other two.
    Merry: I don't think he knows about second breakfast, Pip.
    Pippin: What about elevenses? Luncheon? Afternoon tea? Dinner? Supper? He knows about them, doesn't he?

I'm food bloggin' almost daily at Tummy Treasure!

Wow, cried for Julia. Who knew GOrdon has a soft spot? I thought Julia could have won this.
    I don't think Jen will win because everyone knows she pulled food out of the trash and if I was a customer in her restaurant, I would be thinking the same thing, DID she just pull my dinner out of the trash! Gross!
    Rock wants to win, but I don't think he's the best chef!
    Bonnie could take this season.

Viva e lascia vivere - - - Live and Let Live