Community Message Boards

Thread: I need a new coffee maker

I need a new coffee maker

Does anyone have a coffee maker that they just love and is priced reasonably ($100 or less)? I am in the market and besides an automatic timer, I don't know what features I really need. I was thinking that I would like a stainless steel carafe but I have heard that the coffee cools off when it goes into the carafe because the thermas is cool. Is this true? Thanks in advance for your recommendations.
    I wear my toolbelt in the kitchen...

I have a Bunn and I love it. It has a glass carafe, so can't speak to the stainless steel.
    Sherri

Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.

I love my Cuisinart Grind & Brew. I got it at Costco for $99. You can grind your whole beans before brewing it in the same machine, or you can turn the grind function off and use already-ground coffee.

I have the stainless carafe (you can get either stainless or glass), and I can say that the coffee definitely stays hot for hours.

I have a Cuisinart with a thermal carafe, but without the grind & brew feature. (my sister has a grind & brew and it's too noisy for me, plus I'm too lazy to clean all the parts).

I fill the carafe with hot water, and then dump it out before I make coffee. The coffee stays hot for 2 hours easily. I haven't had any problems with the machine (I've had it for 2 years) and I've been very happy with it.
    <)>>< Candace ><<)>

Quote Originally Posted by SandyM View Post
    I love my Cuisinart Grind & Brew. I got it at Costco for $99. You can grind your whole beans before brewing it in the same machine, or you can turn the grind function off and use already-ground coffee.

I have the stainless carafe (you can get either stainless or glass), and I can say that the coffee definitely stays hot for hours.

I LOVE this model -- I just had to replace it and got a refurbished model from Amazon from about $70 -- no tax and for some reason, I qualified for fast free shipping instead of slow free shipping.

The refurbished isn't used by the way -- It's because it was returned for ANY reason and once that happens, the department store has to return it to the manufacturer.

My electric cord got melted on my toaster oven which was the reason for my replacing my old machine which was a refurbished model from another on-line entity but this time amazon was cheaper after free shipping.

I had gotten new ones prior to this so had taken a chance on my first refurbished model -- but it really was new and I assume that someone takes it out of the box and just doesn't like it for some reason -- it was pristine. Definitely not "used". I got my father's Apple computer this way -- once it is taken home by someone and taken out of the box, the store can no longer sell as new in many instances.
    Some days I pray for Silence, Some days I pray for Soul,
    Some days I just pray to the God of Sex and Drums and Rock 'N' Roll.

Meatloaf