Community Message Boards
Page 1 of 125 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Picture I took today thread

Picture I took today thread

I am starting a thread for people to submit pictures that they took on the current day. I went out with my camera on a photo outing just a little over an hour ago and took this picture of a lone cypress tree in the middle of the lake at sunset. It's not spectacular picture but it was the last picture that I took. Some days are better than others.

Last edited by Gumbeaux; 09-30-2007 at 09:01 PM.

It is a spectacular picture!

Viva e lascia vivere - - - Live and Let Live

Kerby and Bruce are ready for Halloween

Tonight's dinner.

This is my mini-van liberation!
    Last edited by do-lolly; 09-30-2007 at 11:30 PM. Reason: tried to make it smaller.

This is the possum that stops by for dinner at the cat food bowl.

I think we also feed a raccoon nightly.

SSM
    Now Robin's Mom too...10/21/02

This is my new pup.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

This is why I can't get any work done at home.....She randomly types and switches on the caps lock when I'm not looking!
    Wouldn't you like to be a Susan, too?

Reviving the photo thread! I have two to share:

The first one is of some tomatoes that are growing "wild" on the side of the house (we threw the dead plants from last fall over there in something we affectionately call the "compost heap" - even though there is more heap than compost).

And the second one, because shots like this are very rare these days...

What I had for dinner a few minutes ago. (I apologize for the image quality. I took these pictures with my camera phone)

That was $27.50? I hope either A) it was amazing, or B) you got a kiss first.
    Just another Susan

"Peggy, here I am tryin' to contain an outbreak, and you're drivin' the monkey to the airport!" Hank Hill

www.thebreastcancersite.com Click here to fund free mammograms!

Quote Originally Posted by little_bopeep View Post
    That was $27.50? I hope either A) it was amazing, or B) you got a kiss first.
    That's a pretty typical price for a filet from what I've seen.

Leightx, I love the pic of your son.

"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself" ~ George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by Gumbeaux View Post
    What I had for dinner a few minutes ago. (I apologize for the image quality. I took these pictures with my camera phone)

hmmm...the white chocolate chicken interests me. Not something I'd choose as my meal, given the other menu choices, but just a taste>cos I can't imagine that I'd like it. But I have tried many things that don't appeal at first, then I just *have* to find a recipe to make.

Love the photos, all--keep 'em coming.

Oh oh...I may be in danger of double posting> I can't seem to *submit* and actually get it done. I'll try again (sorry if it does a double post).

Quote Originally Posted by Gumbeaux View Post

The "Grilled Portabella Sanwich" features tofu and a medley of vegetables with tomato sauce, but no menton of the mushroom. Odd, I think.
    Erin

"Eating peanut butter is a sacred act, not to be defiled by pork or its substitutes."

-generic

New favorite bumper sticker: "Go Green. Recycle Yourself. Become an Organ and Tissue Donor."

Quote Originally Posted by ErinM View Post
    The "Grilled Portabella Sanwich" features tofu and a medley of vegetables with tomato sauce, but no menton of the mushroom. Odd, I think.
    I wonder if the portobello is the "bun"?

A portobello bun would just be wrong. I imagine it's the main ingredient, and the description doesn't mention again simply because of that (it would be like saying that the filet included a filet, or the hamburger came with a hamburger patty...).

Quote Originally Posted by Hammster View Post
    I wonder if the portobello is the "bun"?

I think that would feel...slimey. And it wouldn't stay together, everything would be dripping out. I like portabella burgers, but they've GOT to be in the bun!
    Erin

"Eating peanut butter is a sacred act, not to be defiled by pork or its substitutes."

-generic

New favorite bumper sticker: "Go Green. Recycle Yourself. Become an Organ and Tissue Donor."

Quote Originally Posted by ErinM View Post
    I think that would feel...slimey. And it wouldn't stay together, everything would be dripping out. I like portabella burgers, but they've GOT to be in the bun!
    I'm pretty sure it would be a knife and fork meal and not a hands on meal. LOL.
    It's funny how when we see "burger" we automatically go to the hands on type.

The other items made no mention in the write-up of the meats named in the bold print, either...
    Kay
    I'm a WYSIWYG person -- no subterfuge here!

Hee! Goes to show I'm a veggie who didn't bother to read all of the items, just went looking for the vegetarian ones!
    Erin

-generic

this picture was taken about one year ago. DS took some more of this tree yesterday, but I have to wait for him to load them into the computer. He is the photographer of the family

Some of you may recall a picture of a pair of lizards on my driveway that were living in my garage. Well, I don't know for certain if this is one of them, but it actually startled me. I was out pulling weeds and I turned the corner and here it was. Easily a foot long and a good 1" thick. He (?) hung out there quite awhile seemingly happy to allow me to observe and snap away. That's a pretty standard size sprinkler head next to him, so you have a good idea of his size.
    Taken yesterday afternoon around 5pm. 10/5/07

Hammster - cool lizard! When we were in Hawaii, I loved the way the geckos would be hanging out all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by lindrusso View Post
    Hammster - cool lizard! When we were in Hawaii, I loved the way the geckos would be hanging out all over the place.
    The lizards in our yard are sort of unofficial pets. We think they eat bugs, so that's a good thing. I was surprised how much this one has grown. Assuming it's one of the 2 from earlier in the year.
    Geckos in a house are considered good luck by many. They are pretty cool how they can "stick" to walls.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammster View Post
    The lizards in our yard are sort of unofficial pets. We think they eat bugs, so that's a good thing.
    Yes, I would welcome lizards in my yard. I was a bit of a tom-boy in that respect when I was little - I would find snakes and bring them home. My mother was very tolerant. My boys sometimes want to do the same thing, but now I see it as cruel, so I convince them that they are MUCH happier in the wild.

Which reminds me of a story.....

One time, after watching Charlotte's Web, I just had to have a spider egg sac. So, found one and put it in a jar with holes poked in the lid. Somehow my parents let me bring it on a trip. Sometime during the trip my dad started batting at his neck - something was biting him. The little Charlotte's had hatched and were all over the car, biting.

I have no idea how my mom put up with all that stuff! We had snakes, turtles (usually courtesy of my dogs), baby bunnies (that my dogs brought home and my mom nursed back to health), mice (we caught them in the house and then put them in a hamster cage - oh, sorry ), hamsters, gerbils, a pet rabbit, dogs, cats, fish..........and of course my mom ended up doing most of the work!

Whoops - major sidetrack. I hope to post some pictures of a small landscaping project we're working on. Very small, but I'll be so happy when it's done!

here's the same tree in our front yard taken 2 or 3 days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by boisewinesnob View Post

here's the same tree in our front yard taken 2 or 3 days ago.
    This is a fabulous picture. Love the way the colors in the tree pop. Looks like you had some great lighting for the pic.

I love that tree! DS took several pics, some with light filtering through the leaves and some that were close-ups of the leaves.

BTW, cool lizard!

Quote Originally Posted by boisewinesnob View Post
    I love that tree! DS took several pics, some with light filtering through the leaves and some that were close-ups of the leaves.
    Hi Suzy. What kind of tree is it? It's spectacular.

The leaves are starting to turn here - more due to the dry weather than the cold...........it's going to be mid 80s here this weekend..........

Alysha, I'd guess it's some kind of maple, but I really don't know. The leaves are pretty small---like maybe 2-3 inches across?
    here's one of the close-ups: