Community Message Boards
Page 6 of 125 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Picture I took today thread

Quote Originally Posted by LakeMartinGal View Post
    Boy! Those javelinas look a LOT like rats!

Nice photos, everyone!
    They're pecaries. Similar to pigs. They're not nice animals. Very aggressive and tough.

If you see one run like h*ll! A friend of mine was attaced by a herd of them while biking. I hit one with my car one night and it did $2000.00 worth of damage. The javelina didn't even die.

Last edited by KristiB; 10-14-2007 at 03:26 PM.
    Visit my blog at http://www.theglobalkitchen.blogspot.com/
    "A gourmet who thinks of calories is like a tart who looks at her watch."

James Beard

Now that I see them up close, they definitely do look porcine!

BTW, I had a red x where the photo should be, and right-clicked to get the properties, then copied into my browser to see the photo... don't know why it didn't come up in the post, though...
    Kay
    I'm a WYSIWYG person -- no subterfuge here!

Quote Originally Posted by Gumbeaux View Post
    I just got back from a late night dinner at a new bistro in town that just opened. I was delightfully surprised to find that they had flat screen TV's mounted above the urinals at eye level so that you could keep up with college football games while you "take care of business".
    Gumbeaux, didn't you raise a few eyebrows when you started shooting your camera in the men's room??
    Alicia

Quote Originally Posted by Terri_A View Post
    What a novel concept. I wonder if it's sexist though? Did Mrs. Gumbeaux check out the ladies room to see if there were flat screens in each stall there as well???
    No, there weren't. Hmmm, possibly a potty parity lawsuit?

I live near cotton growing country. I took the photo shown below about thirty minutes ago.

View from the playground this afternoon:

The boys are out of school today and tommorow, so we took a trip to Mount Cheha. Here are the pics we took.

I thought this was a cool crack in a rock.

I am really enjoying all these photos! I wish I had some talent that way, and that I could reach my camera -- it fell behind my desk!
    Kay
    I'm a WYSIWYG person -- no subterfuge here!

Beautiful pics Do-lolly! Where is Mount Cheha?

Gumbeaux - I miss seeing all the cotton! Great pic!

Here's a picture from last night - there was a clown at our local Mexican restaurant (kids eat free night!) who was a fantastic face painter. This picture doesn't do it justice...

Last edited by leightx; 10-16-2007 at 08:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by slknight View Post
    View from the playground this afternoon:

Beautiful photo, I am green with envy!!!
    "There are times when we're dirt broke, hungry, and freezing, and I ask myself, why the hell am I still living here? And then they call. And I remember." ~Mark, Rent

Quote Originally Posted by leightx View Post
    Beautiful pics Do-lolly! Where is Mount Cheha?

Leigh, I love the angle of that picture. Very pretty face painting.

Mount Cheha, is the highest elvevation in Alabama. We are mostly a flat state. It's a few miles from Talledega. I believe that is the Talladega National Forest in the pics.

I went up to Northern Illinois this weekend and visited some tall grass prairie.

Beautiful Sparrowgrass (and hey, the pictures kind of fit your screen name )!

I dropped the kids off at school this morning and saw this twinkling in one of the oak trees, so had to go home for the camera.

Hi Leigh,
    I'm seeing the little box with red X in it. Then when I copy and paste the picture properties and try to go to the picture, the "can't access website" error comes up.
    Looks like photobucket doesn't want to play today?

I dropped the kids off at school this morning and saw this twinkling in one of the oak trees, so had to go home for the camera.

That picture looks great!

I took about 20 "pearls on a strand" picture last weekend and they all look horrible.

Well darn! Does it work now?

Thanks Gumbeaux - this one was tricky since it was completely overcast, and the wind kept blowing the web around. This was one of 2 or 3 keepers...

Leigh, it worked both times for me... Fantastic shot!

Kim

DmOrtega Guest

Thumbs up Great pictures everyone!

I may just post a few myself. If you all are interested in taking and posting pictures regularly, why not start a weekly thread. Heck, there is a weekly or monthly thread for everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by DmOrtega View Post
    I may just post a few myself. If you all are interested in taking and posting pictures regularly, why not start a weekly thread. Heck, there is a weekly or monthly thread for everything else.

You can add to this thread, then we will have continuity.

I personally like keeping it all in one thread, so I can go back and see what everyone posted.

DmOrtega Guest

Smile

You can add to this thread, then we will have continuity.
    OK, that's what I'll do.

(I just wanted to say OK! but I needed 10 characters.)

I'd like to post a few of my pictures from Alaska I took in July. It was breath-taking.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Sue

Women are Angels
    And when someone breaks our wings, our spirit, or our hearts...
    We simply continue to fly.........
    on a broomstick...
    We are flexible like that ....

I love seeing the pics. Sue, your to Alaskan pics look like postcards!
    Jodi

Well darn! Does it work now?

Thanks Gumbeaux - this one was tricky since it was completely overcast, and the wind kept blowing the web around. This was one of 2 or 3 keepers...
    Great pictures Leigh.
    What's odd is I was at the hospital this morning while DW was having an eye surgery and I was logged in through the hospital's portal. Not only could I not see your picture Leigh, but the CL stuff was over to the left under the word Food. Now that I'm home and using the wireless I normally log on to, I can see the picture and the CL stuff is centered on the screen again.
    Now that's odd!

Quote Originally Posted by Hammster View Post
    Great pictures Leigh.
    What's odd is I was at the hospital this morning while DW was having an eye surgery and I was logged in through the hospital's portal. Not only could I not see your picture Leigh, but the CL stuff was over to the left under the word Food. Now that I'm home and using the wireless I normally log on to, I can see the picture and the CL stuff is centered on the screen again.
    Now that's odd!
    Some servers limit the size of URL's that are linked. If you right click on Leigh's picture, you will see that it is a long URL.

Some servers limit the size of URL's that are linked. If you right click on Leigh's picture, you will see that it is a long URL.
    That might explain the image issue.
    Not sure why the screen formatting was different through the hospital's portal though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammster View Post
    That might explain the image issue.
    Not sure why the screen formatting was different through the hospital's portal though.
    I'm not sure either, but now you've seen the board the same way the rest of us see it!

I'm not sure either, but now you've seen the board the same way the rest of us see it!
    Yeah, although it being over to the left didn't bother me with the white space at the right. Also, it didn't go all the way past the right side of the screen. So, I didn't have to scroll right and left.
    I just think it's odd that it appears different depending on the web provider.

Just snapped a shot of my furry guy laying inside the plastic wrapping around a flat of bottled water. I couldn't for the life of me figure out what the crinkling noise was. He came out for something to eat and now he is back in there, but facing the wall. I guess he didn't like the paparazzo.

"Auntie, you are a good cooker." ~ My nephew, age 5

[QUOTE=Salt;1286881]
    Quote Originally Posted by MKSquared View Post
    I can't believe how many tomatoes I still have on the vine, a week into October. Tomatoes from my garden that I picked today:

I so wish I could help you eat those tomatoes. They look so beautiful. Too bad tomatoes don't travel well. I would ask you to FedEx me some
    This is such a good picture .... I hope you don't mind, I stole it for my desktop!
    Springtime is my time of year!