Community Message Boards

Thread: Does your grocery store accept Internet coupons?

Does your grocery store accept Internet coupons?

I am just so irritated right now. After much research, I decided I really wanted to buy Organic Valley milk for my kids to drink. I could only find one store within any kind of reasonable driving distance though that sells the gallons of it. As it turns out, it is a store I really like and shop at a lot, but I was really annoyed tonight when they told me they wouldn't accept Internet coupons for it. This stuff is $7.00 a gallon, and my kids drink a lot of milk, so the savings would have added up. More than that though, I am mostly upset at their complete lack of concern about it, and just shrugging it off as if they couldn't care less if I ever shopped in their store again. And this was coming mostly from the store manager himself! Nice customer service. I spend a ridiculous amount of money at this store, and I have referred tons of people there since it recently opened. I guess I'm just wondering if this is common procedure everywhere, or if it is just this place. Fortunately, there is supposed to a Whole Foods opening soon nearby, so hopefully I can avoid spending any more money at this place. :mad:

Andrea:

Many smaller stores do not take internet coupons because the manufacturer will not honor them if they feel that they have been altered, or mass copied or such. Clerks can not tell the difference so they take them only to have the manufacture not honor them - so the store is out the money.

There is more than one way to skin a cat though. Get yourself the real coupon. I know I have seen coupons for this product.

I just checked the online coupon database to see if those coupons came out in the Sunday papers recently. They didn't. I then checked the websites of a few wholesale coupon suppliers that I do business with - they did not have them either. BUT, I see that there are auctions for Organic Valley milk product coupons on ebay ( yes, you can buy coupons on ebay - subject line - coupons organic valley) - so I was right, they are out there. The current auction for them is twenty 1.00 off each 1/2 gallon coupon for .77cents plus postage.

I am thinking that they must be in the two coupon books that they have at my local health food store. Does your local health food store have those coupon books? I keep my coupons in the car and I am not going out there in the middle of the night to get them, it's 45 degrees out there. If I do have them (and I am 80% sure I do) - I would gladly send them to you and/or would be glad to get more of the coupon books for you. I know too that Whole Foods stock these coupon books.

When I check tomorrow - I'll get back to you.

I can comisserate. The grocery store I shop at does not accept internet coupons either. It's too bad because they have great deals from time to time on product, and I'd love to be able to double up the savings by adding coupons. And online you can get coupons for just about anything- not so much the "real ones".

I would try e-mailing Organic Valley, actually. Explain to them that you'd really be interested in trying their products, but on your budget, it's just out of your price range for the time being. Do they have any coupons they could mail to you, you'd sure be appreciative? I bet they'd send you something.
    Merry: I don't think he knows about second breakfast, Pip.
    Pippin: What about elevenses? Luncheon? Afternoon tea? Dinner? Supper? He knows about them, doesn't he?

I'm food bloggin' almost daily at Tummy Treasure!

The stores around here do - usually they are no problem as long as they are not for free products.
    Joe

Pictures and recipes of our Cooking and Baking!
    http://desertculinary.blogspot.com/

Strength is the capacity to break a chocolate bar into four pieces with your bare hands - and then eat just one of the pieces. ~Judith Viorst

Quote Originally Posted by wwhirledpeas View Post

I am thinking that they must be in the two coupon books that they have at my local health food store. Does your local health food store have those coupon books?
    In my determination to never shop at this store again, last night I found that there is, in fact, a local health food store just a couple miles from here that I had never heard of. They claim to sell Organic Valley products, however I only saw mention of cheese and sour cream. I didn't see anything about milk, however I'm going to stop in there on my way to work later today and see what I can find, and see if they have any specials or coupons. Thanks for the ebay suggestions, I'll look into that too.

It just seems extreme to me to just totally ban Internet coupons. I mean, couldn't they require a drivers license or something? And THEN ban individuals if they are found to be passing around altered coupons? I just can't believe how willing they were to let me walk straight out the door without any sort of apology or any explanation whatsoever. They are going to lose a lot more than that $1.00 from that coupon considering all the money I have spend there in the last few months. Oh well... their loss.

just wanted you to know - that coupon is in the mambo sprount coupon book. It's a small book of coupons that is a bit bigger than a deck of cards that are full of health food coupons. I would ask at the health food store if they have it.

If you can't find it and still want it - pm me.

Quote Originally Posted by wwhirledpeas View Post
    just wanted you to know - that coupon is in the mambo sprount coupon book. It's a small book of coupons that is a bit bigger than a deck of cards that are full of health food coupons. I would ask at the health food store if they have it.

If you can't find it and still want it - pm me.
    Thanks for the information! I'll see if I can find it around here. If not, I'll let you know.