Community Message Boards

Thread: Where do you buy popsicle sticks?

Where do you buy popsicle sticks?

There's a recipe in the latest Everyday Food for a Halloween sugar cookie on a Popsicle stick - it looks like an easy and cute recipe. Problem is, where do you find the sticks? My grocery store (a Publix) didn't carry them.

I'm pretty sure that my grocery store (krappy kroger) has them, but if yours doesn't, try a craft store (Michael's, Hobby Lobby, etc) they should definitely have them.
    Terri _A
    I'm anal retentive. I'm a workaholic. I have insomnia. And I'm a control freak. That's why I'm not married. Who could stand me?” -Madonna

Read my ramblings about food and my nutty life on A Girl in the South!

Quote Originally Posted by Beth H View Post
    There's a recipe in the latest Everyday Food for a Halloween sugar cookie on a Popsicle stick - it looks like an easy and cute recipe. Problem is, where do you find the sticks? My grocery store (a Publix) didn't carry them.
    I would check near the apples and caramel this time of year.

"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself" ~ George Bernard Shaw

I've only seen them in grocery stores in the bags of caramels at this time of year. You can buy them anytime at a crafts store and sometimes at a dollar store. They will have lollipop sticks int hte cake decorating and food section, but I have found the wooden sticks in the crafts area -- with wooden dowels or kid's projects, depending onthe store. They may have packs of 50 or 100 -- or even a box of 1000 so you wo't' have to look again for a long time -- maybe not ever. Ask me how I know.

and most cake decorating/specialty stores. but hobby stores are a definite.

I bought mine at Dollar Tree.

Thanks for the advice - I found them at a Family Dollar (our Dollar Tree was sold out). I bought two packs so I won't need to hunt for them for a while!

The cookies turned out great - I'll post the recipe in a separate thread sometime later today.

I've gotten mine from Michael's, as a matter of fact I used the 40% off coupon from Sunday's paper and got a box of 1000 for just $2!!!
    I love cooking with wine sometimes I even put it in the food.