Community Message Boards

Thread: Italian Cream Cake vs. Coconut Cake

Italian Cream Cake vs. Coconut Cake

Which would you prefer?

DH has been given the choice of these two cakes for Thanksgiving dinner and he can't make up his mind. The ICC is my great-aunt's recipe and the CC is his mother's recipe. This will be his first Thanksgiving since his mom died and we are just lucky that we found the recipe - she didn't give to anyone but had it written down in amongst her papers.

He truly loves both cakes and can't make up his mind so, which would you prefer????

1) Coconut cake is my favorite cake of all time (but I have never had ICC)

2) If the CC recipe is from his mother - I would make that as a tribute to her.
    Go for it!

I too would make the coconut cake, so a piece of mom is joining the holiday dinner. It would be a nice tribute, and who knows, a new tradition! But either one would be delicious, I'm sure!

At our most recent supper club a member made an Italian Cream Cake. It has plenty of coconut in it. It's the Neiman Marcus' recipe and it is amazingly decadent.
    So, you can have the cream cake and coconut together if you choose the Italian cream cake.

I agree with the others.......his mother's cake would be the best choice and something to be thankful for.

When you get a chance try Cooking Light's Italian Cream Cake. It is wonderful!

Coconut cake for me as well. Besides the fact that I love it, that seems like a great way to honor his mother.
    The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue. - Anonymous

I'd say coconut too, although Italian Cream is just plain delish.