Community Message Boards

Thread: Goodbye Emeril

Goodbye Emeril

First Mario - now Emeril

http://apnews.myway.com//article/200...D8T66D2O0.html

(AP)
    NEW YORK (AP) - Food Network is kicking Emeril Lagasse down a notch.

The celebrity chef's "Emeril Live," which has been on the air for 10 years, will cease production Dec. 11, Food Network publicist Carrie Welch told The Associated Press.

"However, Emeril is under contract with Food Network," Welch said Tuesday. "We love him, we support him and look forward to a long partnership with him."

Welch wouldn't comment on Lagasse's contract.

Asked why the show was canceled, she told the AP: "The only reason would be that it hit a ton of television milestones and, you know, all good things come to an end."

The Food Network will continue producing Lagasse's "The Essence of Emeril," and he will take part in "specials and other development opportunities in the future," Welch said.

The network will also air reruns of "Emeril Live."

"I am deeply appreciative to all the unbelievable staff - many who have been with the show since the beginning - and all the loyal viewers, and the many talented guests who have appeared on the show through the years," Lagasse, 48, said in a statement provided by Welch.

"I look forward to continuing my association with the Food Network with 'The Essence of Emeril,' and I have lots of new ideas cooking," he said.

Oh goodness.... when I read the title of the thread I thought you were going to tell us he died!

I was never a fan of Emeril's (that whole "Bam" crap drove me nuts), so I won't be sorry to see that show go! (Although I am very glad he didn't die! I didn't dislike him that much! )

I noticed awhile ago that his Emeril Live timeslot was bumped from 8pm (prime time) to 7pm here in San Diego. I wondered if he was on the way out, at least that particular show.

I've actually enjoyed seeing Good Eats at 8pm here now. (Not really a fan of Emeril)

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    Oh goodness.... when I read the title of the thread I thought you were going to tell us he died!
    That was my thought as well.

I think 10 years is a very good run for any show these days. I only watched it a couple of times and was too impressed and didn't care for the format at all.
    Well-behaved women seldom make history!

I like his Essence show much better than his Live show anyway. He's not flirting w/women, shouting, or trying to be a showman. He's just cooking and explaining what he's doing.

I really like that Food Network mixed up their programs and chefs pretty regularly. It keeps things fresh.

I have to say that I stopped watching Emeril about 5 years ago because all those "Emeril-isms" started getting really old. I do like his recipes though. Given how much press he has had in the past 15 years, I am thinking he will do alright.

Visit my blog about cooking and a new season of life at http://reconnecting-with-my-kitchen.blogspot.com/

This is your life, are you who you want to be?
    ~ Switchfoot

I am not a big fan of Emeril either. Just too much BAM! for my liking . I pretty much feel the same as Grace, not sorry to see that show go but glad he didn't die.
    All That's Left Are The Crumbs

"You can never do a kindness too soon, because you never know how soon it will be too late"

"Great minds talk about ideas; small minds talk about people" - Eleanor Roosevelt

Personally, I hope Rachel Ray is the next to go! Enough is enough.

I also noted that Emeril's show was bumped here in Boston to the 7:00 slot, and Semi-Homemade is now among the missing in the early evenings! Unfortunatly, Ms. Deen has that slot, and all the butter she uses has me wanting to just gag.

Oh, aren't I just a ray of sunshine! I'm not really as nasty as I sound, but I am so tired of the "personality" chefs!

-Donna
    No matter how you slice the baloney, there are always two sides!

I'd rather watch Emeril than Semi-Ho or Rachel Ray.

Glad he's not dead. He didn't look so good on the season Finale of Next Food Network Star.
    Visit my blog at http://www.theglobalkitchen.blogspot.com/
    "A gourmet who thinks of calories is like a tart who looks at her watch."

James Beard

Quote Originally Posted by Gecko View Post
    I pretty much feel the same as Grace, not sorry to see that show go but glad he didn't die.
    EXACTLY!! Now if they would just get rid of Semi-homemade.....
    Stay-at-home mom scratch cooking for a child with a severe peanut and mustard allergy.

It seemed that every single time I turned on Food Network, there was Emeril. He has some great recipes, but I'd just as soon read them and cook them without watching him.
    Margaret

I pretty much agree with what everyone else has said and really do prefer his Essence show over the live show. Much more calmer and easier to watch. Glad he his not leaving the network and that he isn't dead, I thought he was just by reading the title of the thread!
    "Everyone is kneaded out of the same dough but not baked in the same oven." - Yiddish Proverb