Community Message Boards

Thread: Where to buy beanbag chairs in-person

Where to buy beanbag chairs in-person

I want to buy beanbag chairs for my kids for Christmas. Apparently they are just a back-to-school item at Target and you can only get them online. Well, when I went to order them online, 2 beanbag chairs at $30 each was going to cost me over $40 in shipping. I'm not going to pay that.

Any ideas for places I could buy a beanbag chair at a brick and mortar store?
    “When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed
    door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.”

Helen Keller (1880–1968)

Are you anywhere near Broomfield? If so, these would be my heart's desire if I were to want a bean bag:

http://www.lovesac.com/

I can't find any pictures to post, but I would totally love the pillow sac or The Big One. If I had that, I think I'd get rid of my bed!
    Erin

"Eating peanut butter is a sacred act, not to be defiled by pork or its substitutes."

-generic

New favorite bumper sticker: "Go Green. Recycle Yourself. Become an Organ and Tissue Donor."

I think there is a shop in the Village at Flatirons Crossing. Something like the Lovesac or something?

"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself" ~ George Bernard Shaw

Erin and I posting at the same time and yes, Lara is near that store.

"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself" ~ George Bernard Shaw

OK, just checked out Lovesac. Unfortunately, $129 for a kids beanbag is a little steep They do look nice though.
    “When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed

Helen Keller (1880–1968)

I went to look at the lovesac site also. I've never heard of them. I kind of like some of that stuff. In the future when I am looking for furniture I'll keep them in mind. I think it would work perfectly in a guest bedroom.
    "Everyone is kneaded out of the same dough but not baked in the same oven." - Yiddish Proverb

Lovesacs are beyond comfortable!!! Way better than a beanbag imo. But for kids...better go with the beanbag.

I have the lovesac ottoman too!!
    Visit my blog at http://www.theglobalkitchen.blogspot.com/
    "A gourmet who thinks of calories is like a tart who looks at her watch."

James Beard

Don't know if you have Garden Ridge there, but they have them (they're pretty cheap - in cost and quality, but kids won't mind). Walmart sometimes has them, too.

Call around to some of your locally owned furniture stores. We called many and quite a few carry them even if they don't have them in stock. Typically they have a manufacturer that will make exactly the color and size that you want. We got them regular size ones and they were about $40 each.

Great ideas! Thank you! I also called Bed Bath and Beyond and they have some kid-sized ones.

Erin and Robyn, when I told DH that I looked at Lovesac, he laughed and said that we can't buy something for our kids at a store called Luuuuuuvsac.

Helen Keller (1880–1968)

we got some from Cost Plus - I think they're supposed to be ottomans but they're more like bean bag chairs and its the kids who use them (mostly for belly flops).

Also Pottery Barn kids if you have the store

I think Company Store kids have them - their shipping isn't too bad.

I know you were looking for a local place, but I thought I'd throw this out there since I thought the shipping was pretty reasonable (and the boxes are HUGE)! I just bought 2 nice denim teardrop-shaped bean bags from JC Penney, and I think they were around $60 each, plus $17 shipped for both of them. They have pockets on the side for books or whatever, and are really large.

Quote Originally Posted by DanaSD View Post
    I think Company Store kids have them - their shipping isn't too bad.

Ooh, Company Store reminded me of LL Bean...they may carry something like this. Or maybe even Pottery Barn Kids?
    Erin

"Eating peanut butter is a sacred act, not to be defiled by pork or its substitutes."

-generic

New favorite bumper sticker: "Go Green. Recycle Yourself. Become an Organ and Tissue Donor."

www.overstock.com has bean bag chairs and they have free shipping, but it ends today.

Visit my blog about cooking and a new season of life at http://reconnecting-with-my-kitchen.blogspot.com/

This is your life, are you who you want to be?
    ~ Switchfoot

Quote Originally Posted by LaraW View Post
    Great ideas! Thank you! I also called Bed Bath and Beyond and they have some kid-sized ones.

Erin and Robyn, when I told DH that I looked at Lovesac, he laughed and said that we can't buy something for our kids at a store called Luuuuuuvsac.
    Yeah, I kind of hesitated to mention it but figured I should although I had no idea they were so expensive!

Pier 1 sometimes has them too.
    Visit my website (mostly cooking, with life thrown in for good measure):
    http://www.sweetnicks.com

OK!

I found 2 nice beanbags at JcPenney, and I got an email today from them that they had free shipping on orders over $100. At $40 each, add in some new sheets for DS's new twin bed (which he will be getting sometime this spring) and we were over $100. YAY!

Helen Keller (1880–1968)