Community Message Boards

Thread: Cranberry Feta Pinwheels - Freezeable?

Cranberry Feta Pinwheels - Freezeable?

I have a question for those who have made these....can you freeze them? I think they would keep for several days in the fridge, but would like to have some in the freezer for a last minute appetizer if possible. Thanks.

I haven't tried it but I have frozen an old childhood favorite that is olive roll-ups-they use cream cheese and have been fine....but perhaps someone will have actually tried with these.

Sheila in MD

Sadie, I have made and frozen the cranberry pinwheels many a time and they have been fine. I find them the perfect thing to make ahead, freeze and you have them waiting when you need a quick appetizer!

Definitely freezable!

We made these for the wedding this past weekend, and prepped them in advance. The day of, all we did was slice and thaw. It made it much easier.

Also, I would recommend actually chilling them in the freezer for a few before slicing them. The pinwheels held their shape better this way upon slicing.

Just my humble opinion.

Jamie

ooohhh...so good to know this!!! I am home a bit under the weather today and have all the ingredients! I am serving them for my party on Sunday, but hadn't wanted to make them in advance - now I can!
    Terri _A
    I'm anal retentive. I'm a workaholic. I have insomnia. And I'm a control freak. That's why I'm not married. Who could stand me?” -Madonna

Read my ramblings about food and my nutty life on A Girl in the South!

Thanks, everyone, for your quick replies. We've made a bunch of these for a party tonight, so it's good to know that we can put a few of them aside for over the holidays.