Community Message Boards

Thread: Songs from Commercials

Songs from Commercials

I've really enjoyed a lot of songs from commercials lately. There are a few different Old Navy commercials with good songs, but one commercial that really gets me every time is a Diamond is Forever commercial. It's the one where the couple is at a stop light and the guy holds hands with the lady and then removes his hand and he put a necklace or something in her hand. The song on that commercial just makes me melt every single time I hear it, so I googled it. Here is a link to the artist's myspace page. His name is Landon Pigg and the song is called Falling in Love at a Coffee Shop. It just makes me melt:

http://myspace.com/landonpiggmusic

BTW, I don't know him and have never heard of him, but I think he's got a terrific voice and I just loved the song. Just thought others might enjoy him as well.

Yes, I looked him up last week. If you like his music, you might try listening to Dave Barnes.

Visit my blog about cooking and a new season of life at http://reconnecting-with-my-kitchen.blogspot.com/

This is your life, are you who you want to be?
    ~ Switchfoot

Here's the commercial.

Thanks for sharing the "long" version.

I think last year's Christmas commercial was good too.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumbeaux View Post
    I agree about that one Gumbeaux

I like the Target Christmas commercial also.

I am loving The Weepies' All That I Want, from this season's JC Penney commercial.

I like the song from the nano commercial http://www.methodshop.com/2007/09/ipod-nano-feist.shtml "1234" by Lesile Feist. I can't get it out of my head!

Every Christmas when I hear "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year" I am reminded of that old Staples commercial that came out in August a few years back.

It showed a father shopping happily through the aisles of Staples skipping and dancing with his cart, huge smile on his face while his 2 children followed him around shuffling with downcast eyes and sad, serious looks on their faces.

It was a back-to-school commercial and it is my all-time favorite commercial. It got your attention because of the off-season to hear the Christmas song, it was quite clear what company the commercial was selling and the irony of the "most wonderful time of the year" made it memorable.

I hope that ad agency got a raise!

Loren
    The term "working mother" is redundant.

Quote Originally Posted by Gracie View Post
    Every Christmas when I hear "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year" I am reminded of that old Staples commercial that came out in August a few years back.

It showed a father shopping happily through the aisles of Staples skipping and dancing with his cart, huge smile on his face while his 2 children followed him around shuffling with downcast eyes and sad, serious looks on their faces.

It was a back-to-school commercial and it is my all-time favorite commercial. It got your attention because of the off-season to hear the Christmas song, it was quite clear what company the commercial was selling and the irony of the "most wonderful time of the year" made it memorable.

I hope that ad agency got a raise!

Loren
    Me too! I loved that commercial. The Alice Cooper one the next year was pretty funny too. Alice Cooper is talking to his daughter saying "No, the song says 'School's out for the summer!'". Then you see him picking out notebooks or something saying "Isn't this fun?" Good stuff.

Visit my blog about cooking and a new season of life at http://reconnecting-with-my-kitchen.blogspot.com/

This is your life, are you who you want to be?
    ~ Switchfoot

I love the Alice Cooper Staples commercials. I like the one where he is jumping rope with a little girl and singing, "My name is Alice, I live in a palace." That's hilarious.