Community Message Boards

Thread: easy fudge recipe without marshmallow creme?

easy fudge recipe without marshmallow creme?

Hi all, I'm feeling the need to do just a little more holiday baking this weekend. I want to try some fudge but don't want a big jar of marshmallow creme, so I can just make a small batch, does anyone have a good tried and true recipe with just marshmallows or something? I'd like to try the cinnamon fudge one, or can I just use marshmallows instead?
    Also, I want to make some new fun cookies that have a fun shape or something. I know there's a million recipes but I'm not feeling any inspiration, anyone have a great one they've made this week?
    Happy Holidays all-
    sarah

I'm trying this one today (with marshmallows)

SIMPLE FUDGE from BHG
    http://www.bhg.com/recipes/recipedet...cipeId=R024961

There are variations like Choc-PB fudge I may try too.
    Lori
    Blog: www.RecipeGirl.com/blog
    Another blog: www.CulinaryCovers.com
    www.Twitter.com/RecipeGirl
    Good food, fine wine... what a beautiful day!

I made 14 batches of fudge yesterday using the recipe from Nestles from the Very Best Baking site.
    Easy and uses marshmallows.

Too simple for words, and totally yummy.

PEANUT BUTTER FUDGE
    (Makes 64 pieces)

1 bag (12 ounces) milk chocolate chips
    1 jar (12 ounces) crunchy peanut butter
    1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk

What To Do:* Place chocolate chips and peanut butter into top of double boiler. *
    Pour water into bottom boiler.*
    Melt chocolate chips and peanut butter over medium heat.*
    Remove peanut butter mixture from heat.*
    Stir milk into peanut butter mixture.*
    Line pan with wax paper.*
    Pour mixture into pan.*
    Refrigerate to chill.*
    Cut in 1-inch pieces.

NOTE: I nuked my chips and PB for about a minute, maybe less, and stirred in the milk.
    Just another Susan

"Peggy, here I am tryin' to contain an outbreak, and you're drivin' the monkey to the airport!" Hank Hill

www.thebreastcancersite.com Click here to fund free mammograms!

Chocolate Fudge

1 lb 2 oz semisweet chocolate
    1/3 cup sweet butter
    14 oz sweetened condensed milk
    1/2 tsp vanilla

Lightly grease 8"x8' sqaure pan.
    Break chocolate into pieces and place in a large saucepan with the butter and sweetened condensed milk. Heat gently, sitrring until the chocolate and butter melt and the mixture is smooth. Do not allow to boil.
    Remove the pan from the heat. Beat in the vanilla, then beat the mixture a few minutes until thickened. Pour into prepared pan and level the top.
    Chill in the refrigerator until firm.
    Tip rthe fudge out onto a cutting board and cut into squares to serve.

Tip: Don't use milk chocolate as the results will be too sticky.

We always had the Hershey's fudge growing up. Thanks for the idea. I think I'll make some today.
    Hershey’s Chocolate Fudge
    Ingredients: 3 cup sugar
    2/3 cup Hershey's cocoa
    1/4 t salt
    1-1/2 cup whole milk
    4 T spoon butter
    1 t sprron vanilla
    1 cup chopped pecans (walnuts or other nuts) Cooking Instructions: Items needed: One large spoon, one strong arm and a comfortable chair.

Mix sugar cocoa & salt in 3 quart pan (or larger). Add milk, heat to boiling, stirring occasionally. Lower heat to medium. Cook to soft ball stage, stirring occasionally (drop small amount into cup of cold water, when you can pick it up and can roll it around in fingers it is ready) or you can use a candy thermometer
    Fill sink with about three inches of cold water. When fudge is cooked to soft ball stage, add butter and stir in. Set pan in sink of cold water, stirring occasionally until cool enough to put finger in. Remove pan from water, add vanilla and beat until smooth and ready for butter flat pan. Add pecans just before pouring into pan.

When beating it you can tell it is almost ready when it starts to have satin finish. from this point need to work fast so it will not get too stiff to pour into pan.

We always had the Hershey's fudge growing up. Thanks for the idea. I think I'll make some today.
    Hershey’s Chocolate Fudge
    Ingredients: 3 cup sugar
    2/3 cup Hershey's cocoa
    1/4 t salt
    1-1/2 cup whole milk
    4 T spoon butter
    1 t sprron vanilla
    1 cup chopped pecans (walnuts or other nuts) Cooking Instructions: Items needed: One large spoon, one strong arm and a comfortable chair.

Mix sugar cocoa & salt in 3 quart pan (or larger). Add milk, heat to boiling, stirring occasionally. Lower heat to medium. Cook to soft ball stage, stirring occasionally (drop small amount into cup of cold water, when you can pick it up and can roll it around in fingers it is ready) or you can use a candy thermometer
    Fill sink with about three inches of cold water. When fudge is cooked to soft ball stage, add butter and stir in. Set pan in sink of cold water, stirring occasionally until cool enough to put finger in. Remove pan from water, add vanilla and beat until smooth and ready for butter flat pan. Add pecans just before pouring into pan.

When beating it you can tell it is almost ready when it starts to have satin finish. from this point need to work fast so it will not get too stiff to pour into pan.

Thanks for the ideas, I think I'll try the PB fudge one! Yay, chocolate makes me happy