Community Message Boards

Thread: Olive Oil on Uggs...help!!!

Olive Oil on Uggs...help!!!

My oldest DD got Uggs for Christmas and of course the first day she wore them the youngest DD dripped olive oil on them. You could imagine the anger that followed!!!! Does anyone know if we can get this out, I am too afraid to try anything so we just blotted but that did not help.

Are uggs made out of suede? I had moderate success removing an oil stain from a suede jacket by spreading cornstarch on a cookie sheet, placing the hacket stain side down, and then putting weights on top of it. I checked it every 15 minutes and moved it. The starch absorbed most of the stain, which I then treated with the Dryell spot cleaner. It worked pretty well. Good luck...your poor DD!

I haven't tried this, but I've heard that vinegar works. Here's what I read:

Remove grease from suede using a toothbrush and vinegar. Brush over the spot of grease gently.

You could try it on an inconspicuous spot and see if it works before trying to get out all the stains...

Good luck!

I would take the boots to a dry cleaner that specializes in leather and suede cleaning -- I have had some remarkable stains taken out of my sheepskin coats -- alternatively some really good shoemakers might also provide a solution.

Alternatively, it's comparable to the first little ding on a new car -- at first one goes crazy but then one realizes that the newness is fleeting.
    Some days I pray for Silence, Some days I pray for Soul,
    Some days I just pray to the God of Sex and Drums and Rock 'N' Roll.

Meatloaf

Thanks everyone for the tips. My DD is afraid to use anything as it may look worse. Maybe she will be open to bringing it to a cleaner. I agree that it is similar to the first ding on a car.