Community Message Boards

Thread: Can I sell my tempurpedic mattress?

Can I sell my tempurpedic mattress?

Is this something I can sell in the paper? And how would I price it? After 3 years of backaches and restless sleeping I told DH yesterday after waking up again with my back hurting and tossing and turning, its got to go. I just got back from a weeks vacation. For me slept almost like a baby and no backaches and have noticed this whenever I sleep in another bed.

It makes me sick to get rid of it because of the cost but I cant take the pain and no sleep anymore.

Laurie

Theoretically you can sell anything although I do think the market for used mattresses is limited unless you find a friend or family member - realistically would you want to buy a mattress from a stranger?

When I was in college, people bought mattresses from Goodwill (they were fumigated) but now charities won't take them but you might contact a shelter for abused women because perhaps they take them since they are always in dire need of household items.

You can do a search of craigslist in your area and see what people are asking for them.
    Some days I pray for Silence, Some days I pray for Soul,
    Some days I just pray to the God of Sex and Drums and Rock 'N' Roll.

Meatloaf

people sell them all the time on craig's list. The tempurpedics are a fairly hot item as you don't see them often. However, don't make the mistake of thinking you will get anywhere near the amount you paid. Depending on the size, a few hundred is probably the best you can do, definitely do a search and see what others are selling for.

Kristi
    co-founder
    Planet Marshmallow
    www.planetmarshmallow.com

Before you get rid of it, have you tried putting a mattress pad on top of it? Consulted with the manufacturer to see if your problems are solvable? Some have a warranty - maybe yours is eligible for replacement,etc.

SSM
    Now Robin's Mom too...10/21/02

Wow, I got onto craigslist and they are selling anywhere between $800 to $1500.00.

This is the Tempurpedic, I did call customer service but they said they can do nothing. part of me thinks its a defect since I dont sink in at all.

I may try a mattress pad until I can buy a new mattress.