Community Message Boards

Thread: Freezing muffins and bread

Post Freezing muffins and bread

I make a ton of this stuff and always give it away....don't know the best way to freeze it.

Freezer paper? Foil and a freezer bag? Do I freeze the muffins individually first on a cookie sheet?

One more question. How long will they keep?
    One month, two month, three fish, blue?

Thanks.

I just did the same thing. I just put it all in freezer bags. I slice the bread first so I can grab what I need and I put the muffins all together. My mother puts them in individual bags. It has always worked for me to put them in one. Then, I just just pull them out, put them either in the toaster oven or microwave for a few seconds to thaw. As far as freezer life, my stuff never lasts more than a few weeks, so I don't know. I freeze it all because there's only 2 of us and we can't eat 12 muffins before they go bad....well we could but...
    hope this helps a little and happy cooking.

I freeze 4 muffins in a ziplock freezer bag since that is what we generally eat at one sitting. (I defrost them in the microwave for 20 seconds.)I haven't had any trouble with them sticking together, etc. I haven't kept them longer than a month so I don't know long they will keep. I also freeze unsliced sections of French bread (also in a ziplock freezer bag)since we can't eat a whole loaf at once and French bread is notorious for going stale immediately. Then I can take that one section out of the freezer and within a short time it is ready to eat. I don't like it defrosted in the microwave since it gets tough but it doesn't take long to defrost anyway.

[This message has been edited by ElinorC (edited 08-05-2000).]

We've had an abundance of blueberries around here so I've made lots of blueberry muffins in the last few weeks. After I let them cool, I put them on a cookie sheet and set them in the freezer for an hour or two before I put them in a ziploc freezer bag. It has worked well, but I don't know how long they will last.