Community Message Boards

Thread: Pralines--Freezing and Making in Advance

Pralines--Freezing and Making in Advance

A friend of mine is getting married and two of us are tasked with making pralines for her New Orleans wedding.

How far in advance can they be made? Can they be successfully frozen--that would be preferable as we have a freezer at work that we could store them in.
    I think we're making 200--or is it 400??

Thanks for your help.

I've never frozen pralines or heard of doing this, so I'll be interested to hear what others say.

They do keep well in an airtight container at room temperature. My recipe says "keep up to 4 days", but I've kept them up to a week. I store them in "tins" with waxed paper between the layers.

Edited to add: I saw a recipe for pralines on the copykat website that says:
    "When cooled, wrap individually in wax paper or plastic wrap. Makes 45 medium pralines.
    Freezes well."

I think I would experiment with a small batch and freeze them, just to make sure.
    Last edited by peachesncream; 04-10-2008 at 05:28 AM. Reason: adding more information

Almond roca freezes well, so I would think pralines would too. If you're going to be in New Orleans, be sure you call them praw-leens!
    Margaret