Community Message Boards
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I received my bag swap already!

I received my bag swap already!

Thank you Eva for pairing me with such a great gift giver! I received several surprises in my package!!! 1st was an airbrushed Trader Joe's bag I have had my eye on for a while now so this alone was just perfect! Then I received a cloth, lined bag to use for meats and things so there's no cross contamination, how thoughtful is that! There were some Campbells "green day" cans of soup, which I have never seen here in the midwest! Then I got another surprise this morning when I went to fold my Trader Joe's bag to put in the car & there was a package of beautiful notecards! I just hope my package isn't too lame for my partner! This made my day! Very fun project!

I received my bag already too, from Louise aka "Freddy". It is a "ChicoBag", the cutest little purple nylon bag, that folds into a self contained pouch to fit in your purse! It's really tiny when in the pouch, but very roomy and said to hold up to 20 lbs of groceries! I was worried it'd be hard to get back into the pouch, like when you buy a comforter and can never get it back into the plastic package for storage but it folds up like a breeze!!

Thanks, Louise, for such a pleasant and quick package!!

Christine

I got a wonderful box from Ginger Pow yesterday morning that also contained goodies beyond the shopping bag. I got a beautiful yet durable linen bag that has a funky beach scene on the side. I LOVE it. The box contained an accompanying pad of shopping list paper, cocktail napkins, magnet and coffee mug - all with a beach theme. A proverbial a day at the beach for a Midwesterner from the New Jersey shore.

Thank You Virgina for the beach breeze.

Thank you Eva for the work that went into this project.

I want to add that I proudly used my bag yesterday. Immediately upon emptying it, I hung it on the door knob with my other eco bags inside to take to the car to refill. I think that this project will have us all using our bags more often.

I'm carrying this post over from the "Bag Swap Pairings" thread, where I fear it might not have been seen. Sorry the picture is so huge...

THANK YOU to Wwhirledpeas for my very cool - not one, not two, but THREE - shopping bags!
    The "Mustard Seed" bag has it's own little pouch with a nylon bag rolled inside, probably to use as a produce bag. Fabulous! (Wish I could go to the "Mustard Seed Market & Cafe!" Looks like fun!) http://www.mustardseedmarket.com/

Thank you so much - these elegant bags will be well-used and are very appreciated!

"If you aren't living on the edge, you're taking up too much space."

Wow can't wait to get mine.

Would be nice if everyone post a picture of their bags.

I'm going to West Palm Beach. Any store that carries cute little bags???
    Helene

''In cooking, as in all the arts, simplicity is the sign of perfection.''
    -Curnonsky

My Blog: La Cuisine d'Helene

Twitter: @lacuisinehelene

Quote Originally Posted by helene View Post
    Wow can't wait to get mine.

Would be nice if everyone post a picture of their bags.

I'm going to West Palm Beach. Any store that carries cute little bags???

I don't have a digital camera but found a picture on another site & copied it to my computer & I'll see if that works. Here's the airbrushed Trader Joe's bag, I hope

No it didn't work............sorry

DmOrtega Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cookncraze View Post
    I don't have a digital camera but found a picture on another site & copied it to my computer & I'll see if that works.
    If you are using a picture off the web, you only need to get the address for the picture itself to use here or copy the address for the webpage and post that as a link here. Either way should work but it won't from your computer unless your computer is web accessible.

Wow, you guys are fast! And yes, if people can post pictures here when they get their bags, please do! It will be fun to see what's available to everyone out there.

I just dropped off my bags (for helene and oceanjasper) at the PO, so hopefully they will be there soon!

Quote Originally Posted by cookncraze View Post
    I don't have a digital camera but found a picture on another site & copied it to my computer & I'll see if that works. Here's the airbrushed Trader Joe's bag, I hope

No it didn't work............sorry
    Are you talking about these:

Bags
    Helene

-Curnonsky

I received my package, Deb (cookncraze) THANK YOU SO MUCH! I received two cool resusable bags(as you can see!) but also a pair of earrings from recycled buttons, and a little re-usable pouch from an aunt who spent 30 years in Asia as a nun. The earrings were slipped into the blue silk pouch! Also, a beautuful card made from recycled paper! This trade was SO much fun! And what wonderful mementos! Thank you again, DEB!

I also have enclosed a picture of the Trader Joe's bag that I sent to Deb. She tried to post it and couldn't. It is on the bottom. I ordered it off of eBay, so as to send her something special...only to look at the Trader Joe's store locator and see that she has one in her town! (Lucky Stiff!)
    You may have had a lot of unfair things happen, but when you look back over your life, remember something good that has happened for you. Replay the good memories. Joel Osteen

I'm so glad you liked your swap! I received a ton of compliments last night using my new bags at the grocery store. Again, thank you !

DmOrtega Guest
    suebear37, your package is in the hands of Fedex now. Check your pm's for tracking number.

I got my bag today! 1MegMeg sent me a nice, big bag from Publix - a store we obviously don't have around these parts. I had no sooner taken it out of the envelope when DBF called and asked me to meet him at Whole Foods "and bring bags". All my bags were in the car except that one, and boy did he pack a LOT in it. Good to know, since I'm usually on foot when grocery shopping.
    Now I just need to get it back from him!

Thanks, Meg!
    Happiness is not a goal, it is a byproduct. - Eleanor Roosevelt

This is the bag I got from Elisabeth! Very cool! hope she likes the one I sent, which may be a little lame, in comparison...

This is the 2nd week that I have not used ANY plastic bags!
    Kay
    I'm a WYSIWYG person -- no subterfuge here!

Quote Originally Posted by Canice View Post
    I got my bag today! 1MegMeg sent me a nice, big bag from Publix - a store we obviously don't have around these parts. I had no sooner taken it out of the envelope when DBF called and asked me to meet him at Whole Foods "and bring bags". All my bags were in the car except that one, and boy did he pack a LOT in it. Good to know, since I'm usually on foot when grocery shopping.
    Now I just need to get it back from him!

Thanks, Meg!
    You're welcome Canice!

I received Canice's bags today. She sent me not one, but TWO beautiful bags! The first is a canvas bag from the Ferry Plaza farmer's market and the second is an insulated bag from Trader Joe's. I am still so so sad that we don't have TJ's in Florida, but at least I have a TJ's bag!

Thank you Canice!
    Risk more than others think is safe. Care more than others think is wise. Dream more than others think is practical. Expect more than others think is possible. Cadet Maxim

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

I received my swap package from Wendi today. I found two bags inside. Once was a 'grow' bag from her local produce boutique, and the other was a ChicoBag. It's one of those that stuffs back inside itself in a small drawstring back. It's amazing that it opens into a full-sized back capable of carrying up to 20 pounds!

This was a really fun and incredibly easy swap. Thanks for organizing! And thanks to Wendi for a fun gift. (I sent you an email a few minutes ago...your package was dropped in the mail this afternoon.)

DmOrtega Guest

Thumbs up Thank you so much suebear37, I love my new bags!

My partner, suebear37 and I agreed to a bag stash swap. I don't know about you but I use all of my bags and these new additions have already been broken in today. I drug a Price Chopper bag all around the Pike Place Market today. My dd was especially impressed with the Chico bag which folds inside of itself into a super small space. She feels that now I can keep this in my purse and never forget a bag. Great idea! I love the bags and will be more than happy to use all of them.

Sue has given a little background info on her bags for me. I feel pretty special using these bags from so far away.

Price Chopper is where Rachel Ray shops when she goes up to her cabin in the mountains, just north of Albany NY which is 2 hours east of here.

And you know all about Wegmans from the bb! It's well worth checking out if you ever get to this part of the country. When my MIL visits from California, it's alway the first place she wants to go.

Quote Originally Posted by LakeMartinGal View Post
    This is the bag I got from Elisabeth! Very cool! hope she likes the one I sent, which may be a little lame, in comparison...

This is the 2nd week that I have not used ANY plastic bags!
    Kay, I'm glad you liked your bag! I got one for myself too, and the only thing I haven't been too thrilled about is that it doesn't fold up very small because of the base..doesn't quite fit in my purse.

I LOVE the bag you sent me - it's so nice and big! I've found I can fit quite a bit in it, and I generally buy a lot when I go shopping, so it's been great.

I finally remembered to check the mail today and saw that I had a package from Pointerhaven!

I have a bag from Fresh Market and a bag fro Ellwood Thompson's Local Market.

Thanks Wanda! Yours is packaged and ready to go; I hope to make it by the PO tomorrow. I'll PM you when I send it!

Thanks! I have my bags in the utility room on the door so I can grab them on my way out.

Oh, and I currently don't have a camera (mine was stolen by a student at school) so I can't post pics.
    Jennifer

And in the end it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.
    --Abraham Lincoln

Write it on your heart that everyday is the best day of the year.
    --Emerson

Thank You MinEaston!

I received a lovely package from MinEaston on Friday

She sent me a great canvas tote from the local Farmer's Market. I also got some Old Bay Seasoning (clever! I can't wait to use this!!) and this delicious-smelling locally made Lime Ginger soap.

Thank you, MinEaston!!

I'll try to post a pic later this week - our home PC is currently on the fritz and I can't post pics at work ;(

I received two great bags from makarios (Robin)! She sent me a wonderful big canvas tote bag from ElephantPharm. I had to go check out their website, and it looks like such a cool store. Robin also sent me a beautiful green and brown floral Reisenthal tote that folds up into a tiny little pouch. I know this will become my new favorite for keeping in my purse so that I always have a shopping bag handy.

Here is a picture of my new bags:

Thanks, Robin, for being such a great swap partner.

I mailed your package last Wednesday, so you should be receiving it shortly.
    Claire

It doesn't matter what you think, just that you do.

Thank you, Claire!

I'm at work, so I can't write much now, but the bags are great (Not "lame" at all ). They arrived on Friday, but I just picked up my mail this morning, and it was such a fun way to begin a Monday! I'll post a bit more later (and try to post pictures as well), but I wanted to say thanks right away.

I got my 2! bags from Armel today I got a Vons bag, and a bag from Boeing. Very cool. Thank you!

The bags I want are still on backorder

Quote Originally Posted by Molli526 View Post
    I got my 2! bags from Armel today I got a Vons bag, and a bag from Boeing. Very cool. Thank you!

The bags I want are still on backorder
    I tried all the stores around here and didn't see any cool ones. So I decided to go with the Vons just because it is a nice black and I liked its saying "Ingredients for Life." The sad thing is that I bought it and they placed it in the bottom of my grocery cart with the groceries on top since I said not to use it for packing my groceries. Later that night, I went to get the bag and thought "what did I do with it?" That's right, I left it on the bottom of the grocery cart so I had to return to the store and buy the bag again.

The Boeing bag came from an Earth Day celebration and I thought for sure you wouldn't have one like that. And I do think I totally hit on the "lame" bag after seeing some of the really cool ones posted here. But I still hope you find a use for them.
    Theresa & Gigi & Anisette & Enchante & Le Beau Ouiseaux Rouge

I received my bag swap package today. My partner Kyra (Allison) sent me a delightful selection. We had agreed to swap three bags, but she sent me five! As of right now, I can't post photos, but I hope that will change in a couple of days. Here's what I got:

1) A nice, sturdy cloth bag from Pipkin's Fruit and Vegetable Market. Really cute logo! Ever since the polypro became so popular, none of our stores except TJ's sells the cloth ones, so I'm very pleased to have this one.

2)One from The Fresh Market, with a BIG BRIGHT bunch of carrots printed on each side. (My mom was here when I opened my package, and this was her favorite. Love those bold carrots.)

3)One from The Andersons "More for Your Home" store. This one is very tall with very long handles, good for more than just groceries.

4)A bright blue regular-sized bag from Meijer. (My partner thought this was lame, but I like the color.)

5) An itty bitty one from Meijer, divided into 6 compartments. She got this one in the wine aisle, but I can see using it for other bottled goods as well.

Allison made my package extra special by including a handwritten letter telling me a little bit about each store and its history in her area, what the store sells, and what she likes to buy there. This was a wonderful touch that made it more than just a "box of bags."

Thank you so much, Allison. I now have no excuse ever to use anything but reusable bags. The variety of sizes means I can always grab the right bag for the job.

Thank you SaucyChef!

When I got home from work I found my swap package, which contained a nice canvas tote from her local farmers market, and another green one with a nice stiff base from a local grocery. She included a lovely pack of notecards, as well.

I tried them both out last night already! I'll post pictures when I get a chance.

Thanks!!!
    There cannot be a crisis today. My schedule is already full.
    -Henry Kissinger

I received my swap package yesterday from Mary Ann.

It was a great assortment of treats I received a bag from Publix (which I have never been to) which is very sturdy looking. I also received a beautiful canvas tote bag from World Market. We have a World Market here but I have never seen this bag before - so it was really cool. Hopefully later I will dig my camera out of my luggage from this weekend and take a picture of the bags.

I also received 2 bottles of local beer - this was such a cool gift to receive!! I am a beer drinking sort of gal, so I am really excited to try it. Mary Ann also very sweetly allowed her puppy, Abbey, to send some treats to my puppies. My dogs were very excited and snuffled at the box quite a bit.

Thank you so much Mary Ann!! I should have your package out sometime this week
    - Josie

My partner Karen (gigicancook) simply amazed me with her beautiful creations and swap gifts. I received an embroidered apron that I plan to frame- it is too beautiful to wear. I asked her how she knew that red was my new favorite accent color! Karen also embroidered a bag with Cooking Light Bag Swap 2008. And she didn't stop there! A copy of the 30th Anniversary Three Rivers Cookbook and bags from Harris Teeter and Giant Eagle, including an insulated tote that I've been wanting for ages.

Karen, you are so talented and generous; you had no idea, but last week was a really rough one for me. To come home Saturday to your gift was just about the most wonderful thing I could have hoped for- thank you for spoiling me rotten.

Here's a not-so-great shot of me with my great bounty and a close-up of Karen's embroidery, with that cool Giant Eagle insulated tote

If you are a dreamer, come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a hoper, a prayer, a magic-bean-buyer. If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire, for we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in! Shel Silverstein, Where the Sidewalk Ends.

Mine arrived today!

I came home from the grocery store about an hour ago & found my package from Dorrena (DmOrtega) on the front porch!

I don't have access to a camera today (DH is out of town with his) so I'll describe what she sent:

2 black bags from Fred Meyer
    2 green bags (1 is insulated!!) from Whole Foods
    1 really fun colorful bag from Trader Joe's
    2 beautiful bags (1 floral, 1 stripes & cherries) with pockets inside! I bet these will be great for lugging wine home from the liquor store!

I can't wait to go to the store so I can show my new bags off!!!
    Sue

I'm here with my best friend... my fork!! ~ Paula Deen

If you always keep your head up, you'll never find that lucky penny on the sidewalk.

I received my bags from Aggie94 and a really beautiful card.

One bag is from her DH work & the other one is from Target.

I was already out shopping with them yesterday.

They hold a lot. Thanks a lot.

Helene

-Curnonsky