Community Message Boards

Thread: Help! Nail polish won't come off!

Help! Nail polish won't come off!

A couple of weeks ago, I used a sample of bright red Ulta nail polish on my toes. It was time to change it out last night, but I can't get all the polish off. It had an odd "feel" going on in the first place, and was really matte and funky looking, so I put a coat of another red that I like better over the top. I used a straight acetone polish remover and really let it sit, and went over it several times with fresh cotton and polish remover each time. It took off some, but not all, of the polish. Parts of my nail bed are exposed, and others are just a faded shade of the polish Iused. I thought it was just stained, but I can tell that it's still actual nail polish on my toes, because I can scrape it off. For obvious reasons, I don't really want to do that to my already too-damaged toenails. I did use a base coat--same one I always use.

So, how do I get this stuff off my toes? If acetone polish remover doesn't do it, what will?
    Okay...it's time to pull up your big-girl panties and get on with it. (Seen on a bathroom wall.)

Visit my blogs: Cooking the Books

For recipes only, visit the companion blog: Cooked Up.

I see you're all as stumped as I am. However, apparently an hour in the pool, followed by a hot bath and a scrub with a washcloth, will remove whatever it was that was stuck on my toes, because it's all gone now. Go figure. (And no, this isn't the first bath/shower I've taken since yesterday!)
    Okay...it's time to pull up your big-girl panties and get on with it. (Seen on a bathroom wall.)

Visit my blogs: Cooking the Books

For recipes only, visit the companion blog: Cooked Up.

I'm so glad you got it off! I was actually painting my nails earlier in the day, then read your thread. How strange...I was puzzled personally, I wouldn't know what to do.

I'm happy it all worked out .

-Heather
    Finally blogging again at http://www.heathersblissfuljourney.blogspot.com/ Updated 1/4/12

Quote Originally Posted by Cookin4Love View Post
    I see you're all as stumped as I am. However, apparently an hour in the pool, followed by a hot bath and a scrub with a washcloth, will remove whatever it was that was stuck on my toes, because it's all gone now. Go figure. (And no, this isn't the first bath/shower I've taken since yesterday!)
    Kinda makes you wonder about chlorine, doesn't it?