Community Message Boards

Thread: Great (non-meat) Salad Recipes

Great (non-meat) Salad Recipes

If you have a recommendation for a great non-meat salad, I'd love to hear about it. I'm a vegetarian and often have trouble coming up with appropriate dinners for people that are accustomed to having the meal center around meat. And with the hot weather, I thought a good, hearty salad would be the ticket. Thanks in advance for any suggestions you have!

Lisa

You could maybe do a salad bar type thing. People could chose their own toppings - one choice could be grilled chicken or shrimp, but you wouldn't have to take any. That makes it heartier for those who want it.

Great (non-meat) Salad Recipe - clarification

Leanne,

Thanks for your reply. Just to clarify, I'm a vegetarian for ethical reasons. Therefore I also don't buy or provide meat for guests. I appreciate your reponse though.

Lisa

Clarification

Leanne,

Thanks for your reply. Just to clarify, I'm a vegetarian for ethical reasons (vs. health). Therefore I also don't buy or serve meat to guests. I do appreciate your response though.

Lisa

Do a search for Nutrition Action Healthletter. This month's issue has 4 salad recipes (made only 1 so far and it was wonderful). They should post the recipes on the website.