Community Message Boards

Thread: Mini Cocotte by Le Creuset Recipe Ideas

Mini Cocotte by Le Creuset Recipe Ideas

I love miniature things. I love Le Creuset. Imagine my sheer delight when I found these 10.5 oz 3" diamater, and 1 3/4 " deep pots. They are adorable. Now... what do I do with them?

My husband is not a big desert eater which is the easiest to find recipes for. Any ideas for good dishes to be cooked and served this way?

Thanks!

How cute!

Off the top of my head; French Onion Soup, Bouillabaisse, or Individual Potato Gratin's.

I received some similar sized dishes for Christmas. This week I made individual chicken potpies for dinner and they turned out great. Filled the 4 dishes, then put the extra filling and crust in a smaller casserole dish that I have.

I'm thinking of making little Shepherds Pies in them. You can also do mini frittatas or something along those lines.
    In a nutshell, I'm saying no to fishbread.
    - Wendy W - CLBB

I have a few of those and have used them, as mentioned by a prior poster, for French onion soup. I have also found they're great to hold/serve a smallish amount of gravy when you don't want to lug out a big gravy boat. The lid keeps the gravy hot. You just need a gravy ladle and you are good to go.