Community Message Boards
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm taking up a collection for poor Gumbeaux

I'm taking up a collection for poor Gumbeaux

I know in the past we've helped out some of our members in need.

Well, today I would suggest that our friend Gumbeaux is in need. I would like to coordinate a collection of rolls of aluminum foil so he can keep his foil helmet in perfect condition as he works to bust government conspiracies and other evil plots.

So what do you say? Anyone have some foil to donate to the cause?

; (I would've inserted more winkies, but the CL board limited me to 10. I THINK it could be a conspiracy. Does anyone have Alex Jones' phone number so I can file a report??)
    I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day. ~E.B. White

"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself" ~ George Bernard Shaw

When I was teenager I got my mom to collect all the al foil we would discard in a ball under the kitchen sink, just for fun. (I think I saw it in a movie. ) So please accept my Al proxy ball.

I'll pitch in with the REALLY GOOD heavy duty Reynolds' Wrap.

Erin

"Eating peanut butter is a sacred act, not to be defiled by pork or its substitutes."

-generic

New favorite bumper sticker: "Go Green. Recycle Yourself. Become an Organ and Tissue Donor."

I'll pony up some NON-STICK Reynold's Wrap and also a copy of my videotape of the second shooter on the grassy knoll.

You know we really love you, Gumbeaux, right??

I'll see your Reynolds Wrap, and raise you one roll of duct tape.
    Last edited by Chefzhat; 02-12-2009 at 05:57 AM.
    Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

I dunno, stockpiling rolls of foil - could be a conspiracy...

The motive power of democracy is love. ~ Henri Bergson

Quote Originally Posted by ClaraB View Post
    I dunno, stockpiling rolls of foil - could be a conspiracy...

LOL!

Well, unless you have a link that proves it!I'm sending my mega box of heavy duty from Sam's!
    Well-behaved women seldom make history!

I'll donate my smaller box, same size roll, of aluminum foil

Thanks everyone!

I want everyone to know that I will not accept any foil purchased at Costco using credit cards. I have been informed that they have a conspiracy to steal customer credit cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumbeaux View Post
    Thanks everyone!

I want everyone to know that I will not accept any foil purchased at Costco using credit cards. I have been informed that they have a conspiracy to steal customer credit cards.
    Excellent point. I appreciate your support.
    I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day. ~E.B. White

I'm sending a large metal colander. Wear it over the foil to keep the aliens and satellites from reading your mind.
    If you're afraid of butter, use cream. ~~ Julia Child

As you cook, you enjoy omniscience about food that no amount of label reading can match. Having retaken control of the meal from the food scientists, you know exactly what is in it. (Unless you start w/cream of mushroom soup, in which case all bets are off.) To reclaim control over one's food, to take it back from industry & science, is no small thing; indeed, in our time, cooking from scratch qualifies as subversive. ~~ Michael Pollan

Is it important that the boxes for the foil have the little tabbies you push in?
    --Mary Kate--

"In all our woods there is not a tree so hard to kill as the buckeye. The deepest girdling does not deaden it, and even after it is cut down and worked up into the side of a cabin it will send out young branches, denoting to all the world that Buckeyes are not easily conquered, and could with difficulty be destroyed." - Daniel Drake, 1833

I'm donating a pack of these for earpieces, or for any place else he cares to cover with them.

Bob

Well, this leaves me out. Darn it. Such an important cause too.
    TKay

Quote Originally Posted by MKSquared View Post
    Is it important that the boxes for the foil have the little tabbies you push in?
    Coffee almost came flying out of my nose/mouth -- too funny!

I was going to second the "quick release" foil contribution -- hate to have any sticking going on!

Kate

Thanks everyone!

Well gosh, I am going to have to take my 100 rolls back to Costco. I always buy in bulk there because you never know when you may have to support a conspiracy theory or two. Now where is my credit card and my Costco card? Mmmm, I know I had them last time before I went through the register
    All That's Left Are The Crumbs

"You can never do a kindness too soon, because you never know how soon it will be too late"

"Great minds talk about ideas; small minds talk about people" - Eleanor Roosevelt

I'll throw in some marbles.

Quote Originally Posted by bobmark226 View Post
    I'm donating a pack of these for earpieces, or for any place else he cares to cover with them.

Bob
    This is the second time recently that Bob has provided a very scary mental picture.

< to quote another BBer, I'm off to bleach out my brain now . . . >
    If you're afraid of butter, use cream. ~~ Julia Child

As you cook, you enjoy omniscience about food that no amount of label reading can match. Having retaken control of the meal from the food scientists, you know exactly what is in it. (Unless you start w/cream of mushroom soup, in which case all bets are off.) To reclaim control over one's food, to take it back from industry & science, is no small thing; indeed, in our time, cooking from scratch qualifies as subversive. ~~ Michael Pollan

Wow, we are going to need a black helicopter to deliver all this tinfoil.
    For you to be here now, trillions of drifting atoms had somehow to assemble in an intricate and intriguingly obliging manner to create you. It's an arrangement so specialized and particular that it has never been tried before and will only exist this once.

--Bill Bryson, "A Short History of Nearly Everything"

Whenever I see this thread title I think "pass the (foil) hat and praise the lord for this poor, pitiful soul"

Bless your heart. That's what we're ALL thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by testkitchen45 View Post
    This is the second time recently that Bob has provided a very scary mental picture.
    Hey, Gumbeaux, I've got a really cool idea. Got your Nikon handy? How about a little photo competition between us boys?

Bob

Hey, Gumbeaux, I've got a really cool idea. Got your Nikon handy? How about a little photo competition between us boys?

Bob
    EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!! Make it stop! Make it stop!!!!

Bob
    I'm dying here. This has been the funniest thread in a long time.

Bob

Bob, this was on my screen when I got home from work. :mad: How did that happen???

"If you aren't living on the edge, you're taking up too much space."

Quote Originally Posted by GingerPow View Post
    Too funny and very clever!
    All That's Left Are The Crumbs

"You can never do a kindness too soon, because you never know how soon it will be too late"

"Great minds talk about ideas; small minds talk about people" - Eleanor Roosevelt

Oh, and Gumbeaux, no Brazilian waxing before you click the shutter!

Bob

Bob, this is a picture of me getting ready for bed.